Is there a "suite guarantee" category?

Djmkab

I just tried making a mock booking for my upcoming cruise. We are a family of 5, so fitting us all in one room is not always easy. I mock booked us into a Garden Villa just to see what the price would be. (I can dream, right?) Instead, it gave me the option of a suite guarantee at the price of the Garden Villa ($2,000+ per person). Wondering why anyone would pay the highest suite price for a guarantee? Wouldn't that mean they could (hypothetically) put us in any (possibly lesser expensive) suite?

And, is there such a thing as a suite guarantee category in the first place? Don't you normally pay a lesser price for a guarantee room with the *possibility* of getting more for your money? Not the other way around?

Someone please educate me on this 'guarantee' thing!! Thanks.:)

I just tried making a mock booking for my upcoming cruise. We are a family of 5, so fitting us all in one room is not always easy. I mock booked us into a Garden Villa just to see what the price would be. (I can dream, right?) Instead, it gave me the option of a suite guarantee at the price of the Garden Villa ($2,000+ per person). Wondering why anyone would pay the highest suite price for a guarantee? Wouldn't that mean they could (hypothetically) put us in any (possibly lesser expensive) suite?

And, is there such a thing as a suite guarantee category in the first place? Don't you normally pay a lesser price for a guarantee room with the *possibility* of getting more for your money? Not the other way around?

Someone please educate me on this 'guarantee' thing!! Thanks.:)

What date/ship are you looking at?

Edited by iimmie

What date/ship are you looking at?

I was looking at the Dawn for the week of December 7th. I was really just looking to see if the price had gone up/down on our particular cabin category and then did the mock booking of the GV just for fun and got the "guarantee" thing.

When there is only a few suites left, they might sell it as "Suite GTY", they actually have the "The Haven Owners Suite with Large Balcony" on my cruise in June as "Haven GTY"..... (It comes up as GTY when you choose "Select" in the booking process). Still too expensive for me though, but maybe it might be interesting for somebody else.... :p The 2-bedroom Family Suite on the same cruise is sold as "Suite GTY". By the way - the prices on those suites have dropped after the final payment date was reached.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-quotes/302-00000145-f1c4-4424-8ed4-0fd4c34172e4

Edited by TrumpyNor

Suites are never booked Guarantee. Ever.

Well, they actually ARE on Jade cruises in May and June 2014..... I have just been looking, since I am interested in upgrading to a Haven suite for the cruise we have booked.

Here is a print of my computer screen regarding a regular suite on the sailing June 28, and even though it is just thumbnail size, it still clearly states Suite Guarantee:

1552031425_Suiteguarantee.jpg.344b157c6cc26b98740a821987fa2edf.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNor

I have just booked a 'Suite guarantee' for our October cruise on the Jewel.

It was exactly the same price as the cheapest mini suite cabin (where we could choose our cabin). My travel agent confirmed we would be allocated a mini suite as a minimum but could be upgraded to a higher cabin.

I booked a 'Suite Guarantee' with RCCL two years ago and we ended up in a Grand Suite which included all the perks. Bonus.

:-)

Two different things! You can certainly book a mini suite guarantee, but they are not full blown suites, H or S class. NCL will not book a "full" suite guarantee, when it gets down to one left, my cruise for a DOS as an example, when you try to book it, it will give you a message "cannot be booked" call NCL. You can see the price. In the case of the DOS, since there is only one, they don't want mock bookings taking it our of inventory. If you call they will sell it to you on the spot and then it will show sold out.

In the case of the GV mentioned in one of the above posts, if you call NCL, the agent will show it available and sell it to you if you like.

Two different things! You can certainly book a mini suite guarantee, but they are not full blown suites, H or S class. NCL will not book a "full" suite guarantee, when it gets down to one left, my cruise for a DOS as an example, when you try to book it, it will give you a message "cannot be booked" call NCL. You can see the price. In the case of the DOS, since there is only one, they don't want mock bookings taking it our of inventory. If you call they will sell it to you on the spot and then it will show sold out.

In the case of the GV mentioned in one of the above posts, if you call NCL, the agent will show it available and sell it to you if you like.

I just tried to do a mock booking for a Haven suite GTY (the web page showed only the DOS available), and when I chose to book it the category automatically changed to "Haven GTY". No message about that it couldn't be booked, I just tried. But I stopped when I came to the part where I had to fill in names and pay the deposit..... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

I just tried to do a mock booking for a Haven suite GTY (the web page showed only the DOS available), and when I chose to book it the category automatically changed to "Haven GTY". No message about that it couldn't be booked, I just tried. But I stopped when I came to the part where I had to fill in names and pay the deposit..... :p

Get your credit card out and try it!!!:D

You can cancel and get a credit later!!! Should only be $1500???:eek: