Island Princess Bathroom

Therese S.

From the many reviews I've read regarding the Coral/Island Princess, the one thing that everyone comments on is the bathroom size. My hubby is 6'2" about 265 lbs and I'm concerned about him being comfortable. Does anyone have any pictures of the bathrooms they can share with me? Is the shower head the kind that comes off? In other small bathrooms we've been in, as long as the shower head came off to make rinsing easier, it didn't seem to be much of a problem. Does anyone know the actual size of it?

Thank you

I've never cruised on Princess before - next year is the first time after 4 with RCCL. Saying that I think that Showers are probably pretty close in all cruise lines. I'm 6'4 and around 230lbs and never had problems. The shower heads did come off in all the cabins I have been in from inside to balcony. Never had a suite but I would imagine they are bigger than the regular cabins.

Bill

The shower stalls on the Island Princess are fairly small, it will be cozy for him. The shower heads do not come off. I'm sure he'll figure out how to get a good shower, it just takes a little getting used to.

Enjoy your sail.

Therese S - was on the Coral in '03 with my dad who is 6'3" and about 260 - he didn't seem to have too may problems with the shower. Of course, I think he did the soap the walls and spin thing :D LOL!

Linda

Therese,

We cruised on the Island in May. My demensions match your husbands pretty well, I was able to shower without any problems. The shower curtain was annoying, but not unuseable. Just don't drop the soap.

We just got off the Coral Princess. My DH is 6'4" and over 300 pounds (no replies regarding health please, he's working on it!) Although the shower was small and the curtain a pain, he was able to shower and did it twice a day. Have a great cruise!

what category cabin are you in?

If you are in a minisuite or higher I can say with some authority you will have no issues.

I will say that the balcony and lower level cabins have smaller showers than the minis, but I think they are still pretty good. Of course, I'm not the size of your dh either :)

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like he won't have too many problems, and I'll remind him not to drop the soap. Just wish the shower head was the kind you can take off and hold in your hand.

cjcruising - have a wonderful time and I look forward to your review.

• 4 weeks later...

Therese S., Sorry this took so long.........it takes a few days to get your mind working when you get back........the bathrooms in the spa were great, I used them a couple of times. They have shampoo and nice towels, all you want! Our rooms were close to the spa.......so it was easy to get to.

I have pictures of the bathrooms in our room (A403), very small, if I can figure out how to post them to the web.....I'll let you know. I won't get to that until after the weekend, CJ

Therese S., Sorry this took so long.........it takes a few days to get your mind working when you get back........the bathrooms in the spa were great, I used them a couple of times. They have shampoo and nice towels, all you want! Our rooms were close to the spa.......so it was easy to get to.

I have pictures of the bathrooms in our room (A403), very small, if I can figure out how to post them to the web.....I'll let you know. I won't get to that until after the weekend, CJ

Hi,

Did you have to do anything special to use the bathrooms in the spa? Is there a receptionist who might question you about their use? I'd enjoy using them, just wondering how you managed without using the spa facilities. Thanks.

Sasha'smom

Archived