My view on the Navigator May 4th cruise (It's only a test..)

We are staying at he Galveston Beach Hotel next week. Do you have any idea how long the renovations will be going on for?

The pool opened when we got back there on May 10th. The bar won't be open until May 30th and will be named Longboarders.

Everyone at the hotel were accommodating and very pleasant, the rooms were in great condition. You can't beat the view and walking distance to everything you could possibly want! :D

The pool opened when we got back there on May 10th. The bar won't be open until May 30th and will be named Longboarders.

Everyone at the hotel were accommodating and very pleasant, the rooms were in great condition. You can't beat the view and walking distance to everything you could possibly want! :D

Thanks for the update. One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because I liked the look of the pool.

Did they have the 3 free drinks for Diamond and up members loaded to the sea pass for use between 5 and 8:30 pm ?

When you were in Cozumel, which side of the ship faced the pier?

Thanks

Did they have the 3 free drinks for Diamond and up members loaded to the sea pass for use between 5 and 8:30 pm ?

When you were in Cozumel, which side of the ship faced the pier?

Thanks

We bought the drink package so didn't even ask about the drinks in other bars loaded on the card but, I think someone else said they did so maybe they will chime in here.

We were on the starboard side and faced the pier in Cozumel :)

We were on this cruise, too! I must have seen you in the priority check-in line, because we were the second couple in line. We were very pleasantly surprised when we discovered NO WAITING to get on the ship! Just check in and GO!

I was wondering why the email a few days before the cruise about "don't come too early." Now I know!

Sorry to hear of your toilet troubles. We had no problems with ours, but I guess we were lucky, though our shower had all the water pressure of a dozen butterfly spits :confused:. I noticed in your cabin photo you didn't have a table either, and I seem to remember having a glass table in every JS we've ever had. As we were walking down the hall, one of the other JS's was open, and I looked in and saw - a TABLE! I asked the attendant about that, and he told me it was an "accessible" cabin and the "accessible" cabins had a table...and they were the only ones that did. (I would think that it would be more important to have open space rather than a table for accessibility, but what do I know?)

I was also pleasantly surprised with debarkation. We didn't have to wait too long - we were in the 7:15 bunch at the front. Definitely a pleasant change from the last time on the Mariner when they lined us all up on Deck 4 all the way around the ship and left us in the cold with a half-mile walk and down a flight to the ladies' room. It was a long wait.

One more thing to mention, since you didn't talk about the wait staff. We had MTD, and OMG those are the BEST waiters! There's one guy we all called the "why not" guy and he was just delightful (even at breakfast after a late night in the dining room). On the last night, he wore flashing sunglasses. Quite a sight to behold. He was not our waiter, but he made friends with us anyway. His brother and cousin were our waiters and they were equally delightful, just not as loud :-) I missed the name of the "why not" guy, but our waiters were Sucit and Muammer, both from Turkey. You could NOT get better than them!

Thanks for the nice photos. We quit taking pictures a long time ago, and we really appreciate those who do!

Edited by GHarkness

We were on this cruise, too! I must have seen you in the priority check-in line, because we were the second couple in line. We were very pleasantly surprised when we discovered NO WAITING to get on the ship! Just check in and GO!

I was wondering why the email a few days before the cruise about "don't come too early." Now I know!

Sorry to hear of your toilet troubles. We had no problems with ours, but I guess we were lucky, though our shower had all the water pressure of a dozen butterfly spits :confused:. I noticed in your cabin photo you didn't have a table either, and I seem to remember having a glass table in every JS we've ever had. As we were walking down the hall, one of the other JS's was open, and I looked in and saw - a TABLE! I asked the attendant about that, and he told me it was an "accessible" cabin and the "accessible" cabins had a table...and they were the only ones that did. (I would think that it would be more important to have open space rather than a table for accessibility, but what do I know?)

I was also pleasantly surprised with debarkation. We didn't have to wait too long - we were in the 7:15 bunch at the front. Definitely a pleasant change from the last time on the Mariner when they lined us all up on Deck 4 all the way around the ship and left us in the cold with a half-mile walk and down a flight to the ladies' room. It was a long wait.

One more thing to mention, since you didn't talk about the wait staff. We had MTD, and OMG those are the BEST waiters! There's one guy we all called the "why not" guy and he was just delightful (even at breakfast after a late night in the dining room). On the last night, he wore flashing sunglasses. Quite a sight to behold. He was not our waiter, but he made friends with us anyway. His brother and cousin were our waiters and they were equally delightful, just not as loud :-) I missed the name of the "why not" guy, but our waiters were Sucit and Muammer, both from Turkey. You could NOT get better than them!

Thanks for the nice photos. We quit taking pictures a long time ago, and we really appreciate those who do!

Thank you for adding to the review!

We didn't have the table in our cabin but, I had read beforehand they took them off the ship during refurb. I really didn't miss it with all the space we had on the vanity for room service trays and what not.

Our debarkation was also a breeze! We went to breakfast and the "why not" guy waited on us, he was hilarious! Our number 6 was to be called at 9:15 but we were out of there right after breakfast at 8:40 :)

I also forgot to mention to anyone reading this with an upcoming cruise, be sure to get a porter in the baggage area. They have their own line and we moved right through customs within 15 minutes, it was well worth the $5.00 we tipped him!

We enjoyed your review and pictures tremendously! Thanks Donna for the awesome effort. We had a great time with you and Bob and hopefully we can cruise together again. Send us an email when you get a chance since we have pics for y'all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You were our neighbors and we probably bumped into each other. Robert Thomas was also our stateroom attendant. He's one of the best we've ever had. Thankfully we had no issues whatsoever on this cruise. Well, maybe one tiny little minor annoyance. :-) We could hear a very faint clink clink clink background noise that I couldn't identify … piano keys, a slot machine??? I asked at guest services and they stared at me like I was nuts. On day 2 or 3, I saw Robert in the hall and said "what in that noise!!!!" He grinned and said "oh you have your stateroom speaker on." Sure enough. I had plopped my makeup caddy in the far left hand corner of the desk covering the knob that controls volume. It was in the "off" position, however, the "on" position is what turned it to "silent." It had been put on backwards. There is a first for everything! For the very first time, we packed no formal wear and ate in the Windjammer every night. We really missed the experience of the main dining room but all agreed that the food is actually better in the Windjammer in the evenings. Thanks for the pictures and the review. (We love Tropicante in Costa Maya, Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and always book tours through Victor Bodden. When he first started his business, he was our personal driver taking us to his home and introducing us to his family. It's so nice to see that he's become such a thriving business!")

Now, THAT is funny! We had exactly the same issue...this tiny little noise that I couldn't find. I KNEW I had to find it, or there would be no sleep for me. I am cursed with exceptional hearing. Finally I figured out - it was the speaker, and mine was put on incorrectly, too!

We're currently on the Freedom OTS; back in Canaveral tomorrow. It's been a good cruise, but I frankly liked the Navigator better. :D

Now, THAT is funny! We had exactly the same issue...this tiny little noise that I couldn't find. I KNEW I had to find it, or there would be no sleep for me. I am cursed with exceptional hearing. Finally I figured out - it was the speaker, and mine was put on incorrectly, too!

We're currently on the Freedom OTS; back in Canaveral tomorrow. It's been a good cruise, but I frankly liked the Navigator better. :D

And here I thought I was the only one with the noise issue. I wore earplugs. It was so faint. I'm hard of hearing and yet this was like scraping a fork on glass. Now I wish I could re-do the survey telling them to make sure the knobs on the speakers are correctly adjusted.

But, it was rectified when we got permission to use The Hotel Galvez facilities!

P1020635_zps73f77e36.jpg

P1020744_zpsfc791d7e.jpg

Off to dinner, I wanted some Texas blue crabs and boy did I get them :) Bennos is very good and reasonably priced

P1020648_zpsa2b56438.jpg

P1020645_zps547c81fe.jpg

Whole fried catfish

P1020644_zps91841f52.jpg

Thank you, looks like I know were we are going to dinner in a few months

Edited by ty&bear

Okay as you noticed no more tests WHEW! :eek:

Despite some hiccups this has to be by far one of our best cruises :D

Room service was hit or miss, one day enough coffee for one then the next no sugar to go with little bit of coffee Haha we gave up after that!

Our cabin attendant Robert was outstanding, we got 3 towels animals throughout the 6 days.

For some reason we were only charged $12.00 a day for gratuities when it was supposed to be $14.25 for a suite. OH wait maybe I got a discount for the overflowing toilet! Hahaha

A Junior Suite does not qualify as a suite for most purposes, including the higher gratuities. You were charged the correct amount.

We had appetizers with Frickles! I have never had them and they were good :)

IMG_2052_zps8ec99fe4.jpg

What are they?

This is a fantastic review and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures.

I also LOVE the way that you travel! :)