9:58am Flight from Ft. Lauderdale?

deerby27

I know that it is pushing the envelope, but has anyone booked a return flight from Ft. Lauderdale as early as 9:58am? The last few times we could have made it, getting to the airport around 8:30am, and that was not rushing. We will be coming in on the Caribbean Princess and we can do self assist debarkation. Any experiences with this would be appreciated.

If there are no snafus with the ship's arrival, it's possible though I wouldn't recommend it. But if you do, I'd do "easy check", if you can. (I say if you can, because for a 10AM flight, I don't know if they will do it) but if they will, You'll get luggage tags to put on your luggage the day prior to arrival, put them out in the hall and you won't see them until they are on the carousel at your home arrival airport. You'll also get your boarding passes, so do self walk off, grab a cab and when you get to the airport, you can go directly to your gate. We weren't flying, but a couple of months ago we were on the "Emerald", parked off site, did self walk off, called for the shuttle, did the final car paperwork, and were in our car and on our way at 8:10. Again, all contingent on a "normal" ship's arrival. And you might want to post on the "Florida Departure" thread, as well.

Edited by marco

A 9:58 flight is at least two hours earlier than the earliest times EZ-Check is available for. And those who do sign up for Ez-Check cannot walk off with the self-assist groups; they are assigned to their own disembarkation groups.

If you have gotten to the airport by 8:30 in the past and are willing to assume you can do so this time with no margin for error, so be it. Have you done this disembarking Princess before? While the Oasis and Allure often start self-assist walk-off as early as 6:15, Princess rarely does so before 7:30 so any delays will require Plan B.

Edited by fishywood

Too bad then, that you can't do the "easy check". Still, if you do self walk off and grab a cab, you should be at the airport by 8-ish. And as an above poster stated....IF!!!!!!!.......there are no snafus. It doesn't happen often, but remember a week or so ago when an NCL ship had an "encounter" with a whale and was 3 hrs late docking in NYC?