123 Promotion with 4 in cabin - what is included

JandKMom

We got the 123 promotion and chose the Classic Cocktail package (yes, I know!) According to the fine print, passengers 1 and 2 (my husband and I) get the Classic Alcoholic package and passengers 3 and 4 (our two kids) get the Classic Non Alcoholic package plus a free Internet package. I created a My Celebrity Account and pulled up my info and it didn't say anything about the Internet, so called my TA and asked her to check. She called and was told that the Internet package was 38 minutes for EACH of us. I said I thought it was just for the kids and she said that the rep she spoke to said it was for all 4 of us. It is possible they are wrong (not the first time I have gotten misinformation from a CSR at Celebrity) so I should check with Guest Services when I am onboard. Does anyone know anything about this? It would be great if we each get this - I had previously posted a question about how this works and I had been planning to "borrow" my kids logins to check emails, etc.

No it is not still going on, this was a few months ago. I was pretty sure all the documents said it was just for the 3rd and 4th passenger as well, but the TA said this is what they told her today.

We just came off the Summit with 4. Our original booking had nothing noted on it about the non alcoholic package or 38 min internet time even though thats what we purchased. I spent an hour on the phone with Celebrity getting it corrected. No issues when we arrived at the ship though. Trying to get something fixed through guest relations can be very frustrating and if your package isnt right, they will say sorry corporate is closed on the weekend and there is nothing we can do. Best to make sure its right before you leave. However you are dealing with a travel agent different story. if you would like to email me I can send you a copy of what your reservation should look like h20cruzer at aol dot com and its the number zero not the letter o.

Norma

Thanks. Actually my reservation booking confirmation says the internet package is for guests 3 and 4. It was the info for "My cruise extras" on My Celebrity that doesn't show it. It just shows the beverage package. I think the info the TA got was wrong. Do you think I am OK just bringing my paperwork that shows it is supposed to be included, or should I call?

Thanks. Actually my reservation booking confirmation says the internet package is for guests 3 and 4. It was the info for "My cruise extras" on My Celebrity that doesn't show it. It just shows the beverage package. I think the info the TA got was wrong. Do you think I am OK just bringing my paperwork that shows it is supposed to be included, or should I call?

As I stated on your other thread, if you have the details on your original booking paperwork, it will be on your seapass when you board. This was the case for us last month :).

The internet time and non alcoholic package will be for the 3rd and 4th guests only as per the promotion. Always take your paperwork with you onboard showing any OBC, packages etc., invaluable should you need concrete evidence to show guest services. On a previous cruise, we used our paperwork to clarify with guest services how much OBC we should have been receiving as it was wrong on our onboard account. They contacted Miami and it was sorted within a day :).

Thank you! I don't think I posted about this on another thread, maybe you have me confused with someone else :) Anyway, I actually had not even printed out my original booking confirmation - I had it saved as a PDF. Just printed it out and will be sure to bring it on board with me.

I take that back! I DID ask some questions about the 123 promo a few weeks ago and you did indeed reply and said to bring the paperwork! Good memory :) Well, at least I am finally listening.

I take that back! I DID ask some questions about the 123 promo a few weeks ago and you did indeed reply and said to bring the paperwork! Good memory :) Well, at least I am finally listening.

No problem :). I'm sure everything will be fine once you're onboard :).

I have the same issue with My Celebrity showing the drink package but not the internet from the 123 promo. When do we get the sea pass? I want to make sure everything is sorted out before we board.

You won't get your seapass cards until you board, however if your booking paperwork shows your free internet minutes, take a copy onboard with you in case there are any problems. If not, get your TA or X to send your something in writing showing your free allowance. Guest Services onboard will need to see that copy if there are any issues ;).

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Guest Services straightening out problems. On our Feb 2014 Century cruise, the OBC was suppose to be $100, however X had only given us $75. We showed our paperwork to Guest Services, they took notes, said they'd call corporate office to straighten out. I went back every day to get status on the situation. Was always told, they are working on it. Finally, last day on ship, I asked again and was told 'corporate never heard back from your TA so there is nothing we can do about it.' SIGH Contacted our TA when we got home only to find out they were never contacted by X at all!!! Our TA did the right thing and sent us a check for the missing $25. So my point is, get the problem(s) straightened out before you get on board if you can. Don't trust that Guest Services will fix it because it doesn't always happen.

OK well the last post got me all worried, so I called Celebrity. They couldn't help me though because my reservation is booked as a group and she couldn't look it up, so I would have to have my travel agent call. As I mentioned before my TA already did call and was told we did have the internet package (but she was told all four of us did, or at least that's what she thinks they said, but maybe she misunderstood). Anyway, CSR I spoke to said that if it is on my paperwork then that is what is in the system and possibly the My Celebrity is just incorrect. She said if it would put my mind at ease I should bring the paperwork with my in case there is any issue.

OK well the last post got me all worried, so I called Celebrity. They couldn't help me though because my reservation is booked as a group and she couldn't look it up, so I would have to have my travel agent call. As I mentioned before my TA already did call and was told we did have the internet package (but she was told all four of us did, or at least that's what she thinks they said, but maybe she misunderstood). Anyway, CSR I spoke to said that if it is on my paperwork then that is what is in the system and possibly the My Celebrity is just incorrect. She said if it would put my mind at ease I should bring the paperwork with my in case there is any issue.

Sorry I worried you. My Celebrity is not always accurate, they seem to have a problem showing the correct promotions tied to a booking. So just bring your paperwork and should there be a problem, start hounding Guest Services until it's resolved.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

No problem! It was an easy phone call. I think that maybe the internet package doesn't show up because it is not an official "Extra" as advertised on the My Reservation portion of the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again. Just read this review of the cruise we will be on which makes me concerned about the "free" internet package my kids are supposed to get:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=255610

According to this reviewer

"Another irritant was the "free" 38 minutes of computer time for a 3rd person in a cabin. In actuality, you had to buy a package for $24.95 which was supposed to be refunded at the end of the trip. No where was this posted or spelled out. If you just got online and started using your computer time, then you were charged and told that you should have known to buy the package first!"

Hm, this seems like a mess. Since I can't call Celebrity myself about this, I wonder if I should have my TA call again or try to talk to Guest Services as soon as we get on board to straighten it out. At least I have been warned, but this seems very shady...