UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

People have been calling in to NCL and have been told that it's going up TODAY but the website still shows it as $49.

Let me just say that I did not call, this is hearsay, from more than one person who called in to NCL~ if you want to be sure I suggest you call, but then again we all know the people in the call center know just about NOTHING of what's going on, but if I wanted info on this I'd call this # 1.800.327.7030, they handle the orders of the UBP~ And yes I know I'm adding to the rumor mill, but wanted people to know that it MIGHT be increasing in price and be more on the ship~ MIGHT!!!!!

Edited to remove the pricing as it was incorrect~

Edited by Alliezona09

NCL website:

"Special Online Pre-Purchase Price of $54/day. Don't wait until you get onboard to buy this package. Save $5 per day if you purchase in advance!"

"Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board."

So it's $59 if you wait until you board but it's drinks up to $10 now.

I just looked at NCL website and saw the following.

This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are four (4) days or less and Pride of America.

This verifies the part of Shark's post about not being available on shorter cruises.

Another poster has verified the price increase.

I just looked at NCL website and saw the following.

This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are four (4) days or less and Pride of America.

This verifies the part of Shark's post about not being available on shorter cruises.

Another poster has verified the price increase.

Interesting, (for the Europeans)

http://www.ncl.eu/already-booked/gifts-and-more/#ultimate

says;

"Ultimate Beverage Package can be booked in advance or on board (1-2 night cruises, Pride of America and Spring Break - 1 March - 15. April excluded - except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit)."

Next to the Jade & Spirit exemption there now is the 1-2 night vs 3 night?

Edited by FreestyleNovice
added Europe note

Interesting,

says;

"Ultimate Beverage Package can be booked in advance or on board (1-2 night cruises, Pride of America and Spring Break - 1 March - 15. April excluded - except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit)."

Have you contacted NCL to ask if they are making the change in your country ?? They may not have the website updated yet.

Be patient !!!! lol

Thanks! :) Its nice to know that somebody realizes I have nothing to gain from lying.

I guess you can come here and claim (without any proof what-so-ever) that your PCC lied about your cabin doors and people will defend you without question. OTOH, if you just want to share information or give people a heads up, it has to be documented and sourced like a graduate thesis. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Those who understood what was coming heeded the warning and locked in the price yesterday before the increase. Everyone else is out to lunch.

eatcrow.gif

;)

There is none. The OP, in his infinite wisdom, has not bothered to provide a cite.

The thread is ridiculous and borderline trolling... :rolleyes:

And before anyone mentions it, "I saw it on social media" is not a citation.

Why does everything here have to be an argument or an interrogation? Jeez...

Why does everything here have to be an argument or an interrogation? Jeez...

Haha, come on guys, we are all on the same side here. I too would have liked to see a more specific source, or at least a link were one had read about it, plain human nature! Sharing is caring right? :)

(and it all went well, UBP price increased for those not reading the first posts.. ;) )

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Thanks! :) Its nice to know that somebody realizes I have nothing to gain from lying.

I guess you can come here and claim (without any proof what-so-ever) that your PCC lied about your cabin doors and people will defend you without question. OTOH, if you just want to share information or give people a heads up, it has to be documented and sourced like a graduate thesis. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Those who understood what was coming heeded the warning and locked in the price yesterday before the increase. Everyone else is out to lunch.

;)

Not that you weren't believed but I think it would have gone over better if you'd stated in your post that you heard it from "XZY" ~ you've been on here long enough to know how things work~ ;) :D But thank you for sharing it with us, as I was able to tell others on another board and some were able to lock in the price of $49 yesterday~ :D

It appears that every beverage under $10 is now included. At least that is my take. You be the judge:

Old UBP language:

“ Thank you for purchasing Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package. Your package includes a variety of spirits and cocktails that are valued at $8.50 or less, draft beer $5.95 and under, bottled beer $5.50 and under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay.

Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, wine by the glass over $10, bottled beer over $5.50, draft beer over $5.95, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages or energy drinks. One (1) beverage per person per transaction.”

New UBP language:

“Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.”

Haha, come on guys, we are all on the same side here. I too would have liked to see a more specific source, or at least a link were one had read about it, plain human nature! Sharing is caring right? :)

(and it all went well, UBP price increased for those not reading the first posts.. ;) )

That comment was sort of a joke. I copied it from another post that was made a few days ago. Sorry if you misunderstood.

It appears that every beverage under $10 is now included. At least that is my take. You be the judge:

Old UBP language:

“ Thank you for purchasing Norwegian’s Ultimate Beverage Package. Your package includes a variety of spirits and cocktails that are valued at $8.50 or less, draft beer $5.95 and under, bottled beer $5.50 and under, glasses of wine under $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay.

Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, wine by the glass over $10, bottled beer over $5.50, draft beer over $5.95, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages or energy drinks. One (1) beverage per person per transaction.”

New UBP language:

“Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.”

Nice comparison, thanks.

Seems to be more understandable for both guest and crew now, with a wider choice I am up for the higher price. :cool:

Old UBP language:

New UBP language:

If you read between the lines this may mean that NCL plans on raising the ala carte prices for beer, wines, and spirits as well.

Interesting, (for the Europeans)

says;

Haha, some webmaster from NCL is lurking here.. :o ;)

.EU got changed too.

"Ultimate Beverage Package can be booked in advance or on board (1-4 night cruises, Pride of America and Spring Break - 1 March - 15. April excluded - except Norwegian Jade and Norwegian Spirit)."

Seldom does my timing pay off, but I called and ordered the UBP a week ago for my 14 June Getaway :p I called NCL today and they said I'm good. I hope a lot of others lucked out too.

Edited by ee1999

Not that you weren't believed but I think it would have gone over better if you'd stated in your post that you heard it from "XZY" ~ you've been on here long enough to know how things work~ ;) :D But thank you for sharing it with us, as I was able to tell others on another board and some were able to lock in the price of $49 yesterday~ :D

You are correct...I have been on here long enought to know how things work. And THAT is exactly why I don't offer up sources on a silver platter. Once you start doing that, you'll find that sources of information tend to dry up.

I hope you enjoyed my attempt at humor !!

I thought it was clever. :D

FWIW...Although people didn't belive me :confused: on this, at least they weren't willing to bet their house that I was wrong like they were when we discussed the removal of Spinnaker's from the Star. :rolleyes:

...just sayin' ring . . . ring . . . ring

You are correct...I have been on here long enought to know how things work. And THAT is exactly why I don't offer up sources on a silver platter. Once you start doing that, you'll find that sources of information tend to dry up.

Sorry to have questioned the veracity of the 5,000+ Club. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Having said that, for the record, you were right.