Upsells

shallwe

Thank you Spikey M, I too was wondering what an upsell was.

Possible an Americanism? I used the word as it was the only one I saw on that thread.

However, does anyone know if P&O do this 'reduced paid upgrade?' (Upsell is so much shorter.)

Just trawling through some other threads and noticed the subject of upsells. So this has got me intrigued now, do P&O call with upsells or do you have to request one yourself?

In approaching thirty cruises I have been called twice, once with a free upgrade, to a suite and once with a offer of an upgrade at a 'good' price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just trawling through some other threads and noticed the subject of upsells. So this has got me intrigued now, do P&O call with upsells or do you have to request one yourself?

Never had it happen to me, but maybe if you have a cabin they would really like they may try .

If you ask yourself I think they will just quote the difference that existed when you booked, unless you are really really lucky, like Dai.

We got a call from PO via our TA offering us an up grade from an inside to a Balcony cabin for £200 . We jumped at it as it was a Panama Canal cruise.

A couple of years later we phoned PO a couple of days before our cruising asking to upgrade to a balcony and got it at a really cheap price and it was for 28 night cruise. I think it was £250 each.

Our cruise last Xmas PO phoned us with a free upgrade to a balcony from an outside cabin.

So they do happen sometimes.

We had a really good one a few years ago. We had booked a 4 berth outside on Oceana when 3rd and 4th passengers went free. This was to give my daughter and her young son a chance to try cruising without it costing her. Two days before departure we were offered a second cabin for £200 which we took their hands off for.

We had a really good one a few years ago. We had booked a 4 berth outside on Oceana when 3rd and 4th passengers went free. This was to give my daughter and her young son a chance to try cruising without it costing her. Two days before departure we were offered a second cabin for £200 which we took their hands off for.

That sounds great and what a treat for your family :)