Entertainment Reservations - Royal says NO

I see here that people are making entertainment reservations. On my cruise planner it says I can not, but others are. When I called RCI they told me you CAN NOT make reservations for entertainment on the Qauntum, you can only do that on the Oasis and the Allure. I told them people on cruise critic said they were making them on line for the Quantum. She said, and I qoute "people lie".

I called back 2 more times, and both agents said that you can not make entertainment reservations for the Quantum on line.

Can someone who made reservations, please help me with this??:confused::confused:

They are covering their end. I know you can make reservations for entertainment on SOME sailings (I'm on the 11/2 TA). Others with later sailings have had less luck - read the posts here.

With that being said, everything I've done could be erased by tomorrow if the system were to reset. Just pay attention to the online planner.

You're better off doing it yourself than calling them if you can help it. You'd be working on the same system, and you're not confined by what Royal has told you to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How awful to accuse so many people of lying, shame on them.

Yes, I also made dining and entertainment reservations on Quantum. It wasn't easy at first, it was extremely slow and now I can not make anymore reservations. Technically the reservations open May 15 so wait until then. If you still have problems, don't worry someone will help you.

Thank you all!!

I was able to make all my dining reservations earlier in the day. Hoping they are not erased from the system. I did print the confirmations.

Will keep trying for the entertainment. Not sailing until march 2015 on the Quantum.

Well it's 2:39am on the magic date of May 15th and still can't make the entertainment reservations. If the lag is tied to a cruise date, it should say so instead of telling me to wait and book on board. Also, no additional time slots have been made available for the complementary dining. I'm also getting the following weird message when trying to make reservations to Jamie's:

"NO OFFERINGS. There are no offering for your configuration. Please try a different configuration. " What the hell, I did not even get to enter a date.

Cruising is not supposed to be stressful, I guess this one is giving me "Agita."

Is anyone getting credit card not accepted for the free venues? So I am unable to check out... Also the shows that I was able to book are not showing up in my calendar.

For the free venues, in prior days, I just clicked on that 'submit payment' button and it went through. I didn't put any credit card info in.

But currently, I am unable to book anything.

Edited by marci22

They are covering their end. I know you can make reservations for entertainment on SOME sailings (I'm on the 11/2 TA). Others with later sailings have had less luck - read the posts here.

With that being said, everything I've done could be erased by tomorrow if the system were to reset. Just pay attention to the online planner.

You're better off doing it yourself than calling them if you can help it. You'd be working on the same system, and you're not confined by what Royal has told you to say.

I am also on 11/2 and my entertainment options are booked. Except for the variety show which is not showing and times, although it does say it is available to book

I am also on 11/2 and my entertainment options are booked. Except for the variety show which is not showing and times, although it does say it is available to book

Were you able to book Starwater? From what I can see only Royal Theatre shows are visible on my 1 Dec sailing

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Were you able to book Starwater? From what I can see only Royal Theatre shows are visible on my 1 Dec sailing

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am on 11/2 (same as Smoosh21) and I was able to book Starwater.

It seems from what I have read that it is only being offered on 11/2 Maiden at the moment.

I am on 11/2 (same as Smoosh21) and I was able to book Starwater.

It seems from what I have read that it is only being offered on 11/2 Maiden at the moment.

Same experience here. I also can't book the Variety Show yet either.

I've been able to kind of book dinner around the shows. The ideal dining times (8pm IMO) are taken so I have some overlap and a few nights where I don't eat until 9-930.

I'm doing Mama Mia night 2 - how about yall?

Same experience here. I also can't book the Variety Show yet either.

I've been able to kind of book dinner around the shows. The ideal dining times (8pm IMO) are taken so I have some overlap and a few nights where I don't eat until 9-930.

I'm doing Mama Mia night 2 - how about yall?

:D I haven't seen you on our roll call...why not drop in and meet everyone...we have lots of great fun plans for the Maiden Transatlantic -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42778064#post42778064

I was able to book 4 shows online for my 12/12/14 sailing. Not saying booking my entertainment first and waiting to book DD was the smartest strategy. But I didn't want to spend more hours trying to fix dining to make the shows.

Can someone confirm this statement. Just spoke to a RCL rep and was told that entertainment will be available for booking 60-90 prior to date of cruise. Mentioned that others were able to reserve with a time period of more than 90 days--he said ok, did not have an answer and never elaborated.

Can someone confirm this statement. Just spoke to a RCL rep and was told that entertainment will be available for booking 60-90 prior to date of cruise. Mentioned that others were able to reserve with a time period of more than 90 days--he said ok, did not have an answer and never elaborated.

I was able to book entertainment for Jan 2015. It wasn't as problematic as dining, maybe because there are far fewer options.

But that could have been an accident because I tried early. Maybe they really don't want you to book until 60-90 days out.

Edited by marci22

When I asked the exact same question on May 15, I was told entertainment was available to be booked beginning 180 days prior to the cruise. It is terrible that the customer service reps do not have correct information..:(:(

• 1 month later...
I see here that people are making entertainment reservations. On my cruise planner it says I can not, but others are. When I called RCI they told me you CAN NOT make reservations for entertainment on the Qauntum, you can only do that on the Oasis and the Allure. I told them people on cruise critic said they were making them on line for the Quantum. She said, and I qoute "people lie".

I called back 2 more times, and both agents said that you can not make entertainment reservations for the Quantum on line.

Can someone who made reservations, please help me with this??:confused::confused:

i just made my entertainment res. 2 weeks ago; no problem and they r all printed out; mama mia, 8;30, etc.

I booked all Restaurants and entertainment around May 15th. However, now when I go into my reservation I can no longer see my calendar and there is no option for booking dining or entertainment.

Anyone else having that issue?