Shareholder OBC

I know the minimum amount of shares you require for shareholder OBC is 100. My question is do you have to hold these at time of booking, departure or both.

I have two cruises booked Nov 2014 and Aug 2015 and was considering purchasing shares so I could get the OBC.

I know the minimum amount of shares you require for shareholder OBC is 100. My question is do you have to hold these at time of booking, departure or both.

I have two cruises booked Nov 2014 and Aug 2015 and was considering purchasing shares so I could get the OBC.

You need to apply for the OBC about 6 weeks prior to departure and once the balance is paid. You can buy shares any time before that date, after booking the cruise is fine. Just be aware though that share price is quite high at the moment so may fall over the next few weeks/ months (or rise) and that OBC offer has to be agreed annually at AGM.

You have to apply for the OBC at least 2 weeks before departure and it is assumed you will still own them on sailing date. Although if you had sold them between the credit being applied and sailing date I don't know how they would know.

You don't have to have owned them when you made the booking.

You just need to show that you own them at the time of claiming the OBC, which you can't do until the final payment has been made. Each AGM decides whether OBC is to be given and for how long, so best to check on the Carnival web site to make sure it covers your cruise(s).

The 2013 Annual Report has recently been published, and the Shareholders' Benefit page continues the current benefit (£150 per stateroom for 14 nights or longer; £60 per stateroom for 7 to 13 nights; and £30 per stateroom for 6 nights or less) on cruises starting up until July 31 2015. That's what it has been for some years.

We apply for our share holder OBC after we pay the final balance.

We call our share broker and they e-mail P&O direct confirming our share holding, giving our name and booking reference. They are used to doing this.

We then receive a confirmation e-mail from Karen which we print off and take with us.

We purchased 100 prior to our HAL cruise in February. We got OBC then in US$. Then we had a cheque for our Shareholders dividend this was all within 4 months of buying them. Good result.

We purchased ours in October when the price was very low. Have already had 2 lots of OBC and 2 dividends. Now the price of the shares has risen, we have made a very good paper profit.

Does anyone know if you get the OBC when booking a saver fare? The T&Cs from the shareholder benefit documentation states:

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

Would that include saver fares?

Another question: If doing a World cruise, is the OBC for each sector or once for the whole cruise?

Pat