Favorite/Least Favorite American Table Items

I'm going on the Glory in a couple weeks and I've heard some mixed reviews about the American Table menu. If you've tried it, what is your:

Favorite Appetizer?

Favorite Entrée?

Favorite Dessert?

Least Fav. Appetizer?

Least Fav. Entrée?

Least Fav. Dessert (if that can exist;))

Please feel free to choose more than one item per category or to add any other comments.

The spring rolls are delicious. The grilled salmon is good. The sauteed spinach side is tasty. Any of the ice creams are also good.

The onion soup wasn't the best. The grilled pork chop was dry and tough. The mac and cheese side was very bland. The creme brulee wasn't good at all (though I suspect I just got a bad one since I've liked it in the past.)

The bread with fruit in it is weird, but the rolls with seeds are very good. One thing about Carnival is the butter is always the best.

...is now simply called Beef Lasagna. Still good...lots of spinach, but still pretty yummmsies!!

Caesar salad is pretty crisp and fresh, too. Small, but good.

WCMC has been a crap shoot lately. Last few times it's been more of a Warm Chocolate Brownie Cake....not every time, but that extra minute in the oven definitely makes a difference. :rolleyes:

We were on the Imagination in March, I'm not sure what changes (if any) have been made since then but here goes...

I loved the beef lasagna, it was a tad but salty but overall my favorite entree.

I sent back my "from the grill" steak because holy overcooked! I ordered medium rare and got medium well to well. I could have (barely) handled that, just so I didn't hold up anyone else's dinner but it was so bland I couldn't eat it.

The Nutella something (don't remember) on the dessert menu was not good. I was really disappointed in it because I adore Nutella. Creme Brûlée was only ok, nothing amazing but not bad either.

The only appetizer I tried was the spring rolls and I didn't care for them but DH loved them.

Not sure if they will be available for you, but on the "port of call" section in Ensenada they had steak tacos & chicken tortilla soup that were both pretty yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We go on the Glory in August. In March we were on the Inspiration and they had the American Table Menu. Just remembering....

Chauterbriand - tasted like processed pre-cooked meat. I wanted to somehow rinse off the packaged seasoning taste.

Pork Chop- DRY. Thin. DRY.

Prime Rib- thin cut, only ok. IMHO Primr Rib should be a thick cut, juicy, and rare/medium rare. Carnival doesn't seem to share that opinion.

Lobster - My expectations weren't very high, I wasn't disappointed.

Caesar Salad- I ate this every night. I knew I could count on it. What can you do to lettuce?

I had an Asian soup with shrimp and won tons that our waiter suggested. That was good! Sorry, I don't recall the name.

Desserts? Boy, I'm coming on a blank here. But, I do remember the Buffet cake like desserts seemed to all have different colored creams. The flavor s didn't stand out. Just this cream consistency....blah!

I'm hoping they'll be some improvements in the quality of good served on the Glory.

All good to know!

Has anyone tried the chicken pot pie? Or the Cinnamon Pumpkin Squash Pie? I am interested in trying those.

Also, the menu shows that there will be Salmon cakes one night. I love crab cakes, but I've never tried any kind of salmon, are salmon cakes and crab cakes at all alike?

All good to know!

Has anyone tried the chicken pot pie? Or the Cinnamon Pumpkin Squash Pie? I am interested in trying those.

Also, the menu shows that there will be Salmon cakes one night. I love crab cakes, but I've never tried any kind of salmon, are salmon cakes and crab cakes at all alike?

If the pumpkin pie is a dessert, I've never liked their pumpkin pie. Tastes like instant Jello. But if it's the Cinnamon squash pumpkin cheddar potpie veggie entree it's very good.

Didn't see that on my Imagination cruise.

Liked the Los Angeles port of call entree, a salmon dish.

The seared Ahi tuna appetizer was very good. Served on rice noodles.

Love duck but didn't care for the duck potstickers.

All good to know!

Salmon cakes tend to be more "ground up" in consistency with binders unlike a good crab cake (I'm from Maryland) that is lump meat with as little binder as possible. However, I do enjoy a good salmon cake. almost always fried or pan seared to get a good crunch on the breaded coating.

If the pumpkin pie is a dessert, I've never liked their pumpkin pie. Tastes like instant Jello. But if it's the Cinnamon squash pumpkin cheddar potpie veggie entree it's very good.

Didn't see that on my Imagination cruise.

I am thinking about getting the pumpkin pot pie entrée. Sorry I wasn't more specific, I forgot that they had a regular pumpkin pie too... maybe I was trying to forget about it because when I had it, I also thought it tasted terrible.

As to why you didn't see it, I think they took the entrée off the menu when they introduced the American Table, but it looks like they may have brought it back. That's probably a good sign as far as taste goes!:)

All good to know!

I had the chicken pot pie last month on Liberty - loved it, very good. Another favorite was the BBQ Pork spareribs (comes with baked beans & corn bread).

Least favorite was entre was the Beef Lasagna, there was a lot more spinach in it than beef. Just my opinion, it should be called "Spinach lasagna" instead of beef lasagna.

Favorite appetizer was Caesar Salad. I think Carnival has the best.

The new American menus have a "Rare Finds" section - we loved the alligator fritters. Also a new Port-of-Call section. The "Fry Jacks" (Belize) and "Chicken Pastellitos" (Roatan) were both very good.

I mainly skipped the desserts since I'm not a fan of very sweet/rich deserts (I know I'm in the minority here).

The salmon cake is good, but it's small. It's very much like a crab cake with chunks of salmon and some kind of bread crumbs in a creamy base.

Loved the duck potstickers because they weren't fried and mozzarella and tomato appetizers.

Also liked the Caesar salad with kale

Main course Lobster and lemon chicken

Desserts chocolate pana cotta and warm chocolate melting cake

Why would I order anything I wouldn't like? The strawberry parfait wasn't too bad if you don't eat the cake.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen