!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I was extremely tempted to touching them, but it was impossible. They had workers walking around and keeping an eye on this tank at all times. I know it would not be the most intelligent act, but they were right there!!!!!

Day2-344_zpse6a3bd74.jpg

How cute is he?

Day2-347_zps65728c22.jpg

You not so much...

Day2-348_zps2fefd2d0.jpg

I really don’t like these guys, they just look creepy

Day2-350_zps6f1e5984.jpg

They had some baby gators.

Day2-352_zps2cc95b6f.jpg

Right outside of the aquarium there is a little store, mom went in there and I just sat on a bench and waited while they shopped around for a little while. A few airplanes flew over me, but I did not have the zoom lens with me to get the pictures.

After that we went to a little sweets store near the ship and enjoyed a soda and a key lime on a stick.

Day2-361_zpscdff7257.jpg

I really don’t like went rust shows, but I guess it comes with the territory. I remember the Silhouette was showing some rust and they were cleaning it on labadee.

Day2-363_zpsfc3b11de.jpg

That key lime pie was way too sweet for me, I took a bite and gave it to them. But you can’t go to Key West and not try one right?

Day2-364_zpscce64b14.jpg

Day2-365_zps12034fd2.jpg

I decided it was time to start heading back to the ship, I had to consider that mom and my aunt had a 5 hour trip back home, 4 with good traffic. I did not wanted them traveling late at night alone. So we said our good byes and we each headed our way.

It was a very rewarding day, I really appreciate the fact that my mom could join me in this trip. Even if it was just for a few hours. They had a great time and they really loved their hotel. My mom said service was awesome and the hotel was just perfect for them. Oh, it had more pools that it really needed, so plenty of space for everyone in the water :).

Walking back to the ship...

Day2-366_zps7b040874.jpg

And Back inside

Day2-367_zps6f499427.jpg

The pool was getting some action.

Day2-368_zps5bba280e.jpg

Ok I am going to cut off here for now, hope everyone enjoyed that set.

Gambee, thank you so much for taking the the time to put up this fabulous review. We just returned home from our second Carnival cruise on the Conquest, and I can't agree more about the level of customer service that Carnival provides. Outstanding. I have only dealt with Carnival and Celebrity, and speaking to Celebrity on the phone was abysmal.

Your video of the Miami sailaway was fantastic! We were actually in Miami on May 10, so we saw the Breeze sail away the day you returned. From the pool at our hotel, we could see the Breeze come out and do the 180 turn to head down the channel. We did the same thing on the Conquest, but I was busy entertaining our 4-year-old in the pool, so thank you for the amazing video so I could see what I missed :).

Anyway, this review is great and I am definitely adding a trip on the Breeze to my cruise wish list!

Hi Gambee,

Your review is superb, and you may just get me to try Carnival after a previous 44 cruises on other lines! Of course, I will be fussy about the ship, so that means no Joe Farcus! However, he certainly was a trend-setting designer for Carnival, and helped make them what they are today. His interiors were certainly over the top, and I really didn't hate them either!

Your photos are just fine, and I never truly judge photos on the internet on a HD computer monitor. I bring the original into Photoshop for that.

As to the camera discussion that was taking place here (Oy! I'm bringing it up again!!!) Let me say this:

Use the camera that works for you, but DON'T mention it in a review on a forum unless asked. Nobody really cares, and if they do they will ask. Then you tell them, but don't mention that it was "expensive" or whatever. You do not want to give camera advice (even if unintentionally) or whatever in a review.

I've been a photographer for 40 years, and started with this stuff called "film", and even had a color darkroom in my home. I switched to digital the moment Nikon came out with the "D1" in 1999. Even at only 2.7 mp, it was an outstanding camera, and could produce a 16x20 print to die for! It has never been all about resolution, and that D1 body alone was $5000 back then! Two years later I traded it in for the D1X at around 5 mp, and with the D1 in trade the D1X was $2500. So, expensive is relative.

As to the chat back and forth with the other gentleman who made some accurate remarks, you were both gentleman about it and, let me add, Ken Rockwell knows his stuff, big time!

All that being said, continue to enjoy your cruises, write your great reviews, and display your lovely photos.

My compliments to you! :)

Gambee.....I am so enjoying this review, as I did all of them. Nobody does it better than you........:D

I just love Key West and was there only once, on a cruise of course. Anyway, we went to the restaurant/bar that had all the $ bills stapled over everything. My son and his girlfriend were there shortly before we were and they wanted my husband and I to look for his $ bill. :eek: Can you imagine looking for just one among all the other ones. He tried to tell us where he hung it, but we could not find it. I'm sure there was some bills that were covering it. I would love to know how much money is just hanging around that place, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for counting it. :p

Again, thanks for all you are doing and I just love all your pictures, especially the illustration ones.

Glad you got to see your Mom. She really raised a good son. Anybody would be proud of a son like you. I know, I have 2 of them. ;)

Gwen :)

Gambee, thank you so much for taking the the time to put up this fabulous review. We just returned home from our second Carnival cruise on the Conquest, and I can't agree more about the level of customer service that Carnival provides. Outstanding. I have only dealt with Carnival and Celebrity, and speaking to Celebrity on the phone was abysmal.

Your video of the Miami sailaway was fantastic! We were actually in Miami on May 10, so we saw the Breeze sail away the day you returned. From the pool at our hotel, we could see the Breeze come out and do the 180 turn to head down the channel. We did the same thing on the Conquest, but I was busy entertaining our 4-year-old in the pool, so thank you for the amazing video so I could see what I missed :).

Anyway, this review is great and I am definitely adding a trip on the Breeze to my cruise wish list!

Glad you enjoyed the video, it is really my first. I am not much of an editor, but I found that it is actually fairly easy to do. I guess it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for following along.

Gambee.....I am so enjoying this review, as I did all of them. Nobody does it better than you........:D

I just love Key West and was there only once, on a cruise of course. Anyway, we went to the restaurant/bar that had all the $ bills stapled over everything. My son and his girlfriend were there shortly before we were and they wanted my husband and I to look for his $ bill. :eek: Can you imagine looking for just one among all the other ones. He tried to tell us where he hung it, but we could not find it. I'm sure there was some bills that were covering it. I would love to know how much money is just hanging around that place, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for counting it. :p

Again, thanks for all you are doing and I just love all your pictures, especially the illustration ones.

Glad you got to see your Mom. She really raised a good son. Anybody would be proud of a son like you. I know, I have 2 of them. ;)

Well hello there Gwen, nice to see you :)

Thank you kindly for your comment, your presence is always a pleasure.

Agreed! I love the way you honor your mom. I'm looking forward to the same some day soon I hope. My son is 'at that age'. Know what I mean? He's 16...

Edited by cruisemama1

Hi Gambee and welcome to Carnival! :D I think Breeze is our favourite Carnival ship so far; the colours are so light and pretty, we never had issues with crowds and we enjoyed all the dining options. Did your Mom like the look of the ship in Key West? I hope you do get to sail together on Breeze soon. As usual, thanks for the great review and all of the wonderful photos, especially of the cats in Key West! :) We were in Key West and at the Hemingway House on a land vacation once.

Heather

Well, Gambee... I'm officially a HUGE fan!

I've never been on Carnival and I have the Breeze booked for January 2015... I was nervous because I actually work for another line (shhhh... :)) but reading your review is making me feel SO MUCH better about that decision!

I'm in MIA for work often and I've always thought about hopping on a cruise solo when down there. I think it'd be a blast! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Can't wait for more!

Edited by luv2tvl

Gambee, do you know how the food was in the Marketplace at night.

Was some of what they had in the Main dining room served?

Thanks, only 3 more days I'm off to Miami for the Breeze cruise :D

Thanks so much for taking the time to do your review. We were on the same sailing and LOVED the Breeze. I keep looking at your photos to see if I'm in any of them. Didn't we have a picture perfect week as far as weather was concerned?

We rented a 4 passenger electric car in Key West and traveled all over the island, stopping at Smathers Beach, Hicks Beach and walked the pier. We intended to eat at B.O.'s on Caroline Street but ended up at Half Shell Raw Bar which was really awful, boy have they gone downhill.

We loved the Red Frog Pub which became our favorite spot for a pre-dinner drink. My grandson tried the wings there and gave them an A+. It was never crowded and the bartender, Anthony, was great and made some powerful drinks. My grandson also loved Bonsai Sushi and judging by the crowds, this was a favorite with passengers.

Your photos are beautiful!!! Wish I was back on the Breeze right now, waahhh!!!

Agreed! I love the way you honor your mom. I'm looking forward to the same some day soon I hope. My son is 'at that age'. Know what I mean? He's 16...

That will come with time. Those teens are rebellious ages :D

Hi Gambee and welcome to Carnival! :D I think Breeze is our favourite Carnival ship so far; the colours are so light and pretty, we never had issues with crowds and we enjoyed all the dining options. Did your Mom like the look of the ship in Key West? I hope you do get to sail together on Breeze soon. As usual, thanks for the great review and all of the wonderful photos, especially of the cats in Key West! :) We were in Key West and at the Hemingway House on a land vacation once.

Heather

Hello Heather, it's been a long time.

Very much so, we sat there and looked at ship for quite some time. She said wow often. I know she will love the ship once she gets to go on it. The breeze is a nice looking ship from the outside. Although I am not crazy about the aft, looks bumpy kid off.

Edited by gambee

Well, Gambee... I'm officially a HUGE fan!

I've never been on Carnival and I have the Breeze booked for January 2015... I was nervous because I actually work for another line (shhhh... :)) but reading your review is making me feel SO MUCH better about that decision!

I'm in MIA for work often and I've always thought about hopping on a cruise solo when down there. I think it'd be a blast! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Can't wait for more!

I think solo cruises really depend on your personality. Most people should do just fine, and the bigger the roll call the better. So far carnival was the best roll call that I have had. No worries, it is very likely you will love the breeze.

Gambee, do you know how the food was in the Marketplace at night.

Was some of what they had in the Main dining room served?

Thanks, only 3 more days I'm off to Miami for the Breeze cruise :D

Unfortunately I am not sure about that. But I will say one thing, the food in the market place for lunch was much better than the dinner served in the mdr. One of the major flaws I say with the breeze was the mdr dinner. I will get into detail about this topic.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do your review. We were on the same sailing and LOVED the Breeze. I keep looking at your photos to see if I'm in any of them. Didn't we have a picture perfect week as far as weather was concerned?

We rented a 4 passenger electric car in Key West and traveled all over the island, stopping at Smathers Beach, Hicks Beach and walked the pier. We intended to eat at B.O.'s on Caroline Street but ended up at Half Shell Raw Bar which was really awful, boy have they gone downhill.

We loved the Red Frog Pub which became our favorite spot for a pre-dinner drink. My grandson tried the wings there and gave them an A+. It was never crowded and the bartender, Anthony, was great and made some powerful drinks. My grandson also loved Bonsai Sushi and judging by the crowds, this was a favorite with passengers.

Your photos are beautiful!!! Wish I was back on the Breeze right now, waahhh!!!

Yeah I know right? The weather was absolutely fantastic! We got very lucky. I also enjoyed bonsai, but I think the food of the red frog just so so.

Thank you for following and commenting :)

Another GREAT review Gambee!! Though it will be another 15 months before we get to sail on the Breeze, your review is getting me all pumped up in anticipation!! :D

Edited by Jamman54

I am sure everyone knows this by now, but for those who don't. Key West is a very gay town, funny enough I have been there for any of their pride events. Actually I have never to any pride parade ever, lol. Not my thing I guess.

[/color][/b]

My friend Nate went once. He said it was a CRAZY party! Lots of fun, but he wouldn't go again. Haha

-Kristi

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

So I am finally caught up! Great job so far, I am so happy and proud of you! I had a couple questions that I could probably ask you in private but think the answers will help other cruisers.

1. Does Carnival hand out towels or do you have to sign them with your card and return it to avoid a fee?

2. How was the water pressure and the variation of hot and cold water in the shower?

Loving this review! Now I have a sudden desire to visit Key West! Loved the cat pics. I used to have a polydactyl cat and just love them. Can't wait for the rest especially Grand Cayman. Sill have two years til my next cruise so I'm living vicariously through other peoples reviews:rolleyes:. Thank you.

Day2-20_zps2f199bd4.jpg

Not crazy about this, just let me grab what I want. I guess maybe there are people who over do it, but for folks like me... Well, w/e, just saying.

Day2-22_zpsf31826b1.jpg

Day2-23_zps214e8f2d.jpg

Coffee here was good, but the quality variates throughout the ship. I forgot which one but it was horrible, the MDR one maybe, oh no no no, it was the room service one.

Day2-24_zps61375a2b.jpg

Day2-25_zpse22309c8.jpg

Day2-26_zps770c5eea.jpg

Gambee i had the scrambled eggs one morning as i did not want to wait for my omlette. and yes, they tasted synthetic.. Gross, I did not eat them