!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Back in the room I saw this guy waiting for me. What is that? some kind of dog?

Day4-599_zpsc5038866.jpg

Cool, huh?

Day4-602_zps18adea1d.jpg

Then I headed to the Limelight lounge to see the comedy show. This was the first time that I found a chair available to sit.

The show had very R-rated comedy, my type of comedy. But it was very hard for him to fully engage the audience with that kind of comedy. At times it was a hand full of us laughing and the rest of people looking like what the hell… From what I gather Carnival has no fear with true no sensor comedians (my type), I will make sure to go to more of these in the future.

Day4-608_zps4642e70f.jpg

After that was over I headed over to the seaside theater, found a spot and enjoyed the movie.

Day4-610_zpse152250b.jpg

I noticed a few people with popcorn, but I never saw where to get it from…

After the movie I called it a night, they play movies until really late in the seaside theater. You will never notice in the lido deck cabins. I think this is one of the things that I really enjoy about Carnival. I think by now you get a feel that I am not much of a party monster. But hey, we do what we like right? And I was doing everything that I absolutely loved. Just having a great time!!!

Overall It had been one of the best days of this cruise.

Day 4, end.

Ok I am done for now, what a long set... More to come :D

I have finally caught up!

Honestly, Gambee, you are the only one (along with LittleMissMagic) who can make us want to try a line we've never been on! Definitely looking into the Breeze!

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Great review Gambee.....and don't worry about camera issues. I do like the NEX better, but your other cameras does a good job too. My problem is that I have now gone full frame, and guess how large the lenses are? They are humongous. I will have a lot to lug around unless I just leave the FX at home and take my D7100 with the DX lenses.

I also noticed some sensor spots on my last several D7100 pictures. It's just a fact of life. If you have interchangeable lenses, you WILL eventually have to clean your sensor. Now with the pollen from the grasses and trees where I live, the dust is in abundance.

Your dust was barely visable and did not detract from your review. I am enjoying it all. What did you do to get refills on your bottle of SKY? Did you buy another bottle? Just wondering....otherwise you would have a bigger headache! :D

The Breeze is a lot more fun than the Dream, although we liked them both. I loved the Blue Iguana too! I had some tasty burritos there several days. The shrimp ones were fantastic. Glad you are having fun! ;)

Edited by sonicbuffalo

I've been reading every second of your review, we're going on the Breeze Jan, 31,2015. Best review I've ever read, and your pics are incredible!

My hubby and I took the Moby Dick stingray tour, and yes, the local independent tours are by far the best. We loved every minute, and you could tell by the crowd of the cruise ship tour not far from us that we got the best deal. Your pics of the stingrays brought back great memories.

You sure put a ton of work into your reviews, thank you for sharing.

I forgot about the pool tables, even though we were supposed to have a group game one day. Oops. I also keep missing Blue Iguana, 2nd ship with them and I haven't made it there yet. I did like the sushi place, the Spicy Tuna roll was very good as well.

I have read about rum point, but the problem is actually getting there. It is quite far and to get a taxi it can add up. I believe there a few shuttles that make runs there, but they are few in between. I will keep that in mind, I have seen some pictures from there and they are just gorgeous.

Good point. I forgot about the transportation aspect since I had my brother to show us around.

and after. Don't forget to ask for guacamole, they have it behind the line, and they will add it for you. All the other toppings you can add yourself. Well unless you're in the burrito line, then they make the entire burrito for you.

Day4-367_zpsd3802cbd.jpg

I absolutely love the blue iguana, I think it is by far my favorite venue. Then again I love Mexican food, so maybe I am a bit biased. But yeah, this is really big selling point for me in particular. But then again like I have said numerous times, lunch on the breeze is AMAZI...

See what you all done? Now I starving and thinking of Blue iguana and Guy's (Currently Salivating) :D ;) :p

This is one of the reasons why we booked Carnival for our next cruise. We were on Glory shortly after she got the 2.0 upgrades. We didn't go to Blue Iguana that much, I think we did them for breakfast more, but we will alternate them and Guys for lunch when we're on Breeze because of your review.

Also thanks for the tips about Bonsai. I haven't had really good sushi in a while, since we were at Disney's restaurant at the top of the contemporary. That was the only time I got DH to try sushi too. I can definitely see us eating it on our balcony.

Since you didn't partake in the BBQ, can anyone else comment if it's good or not? We're hoping it's going to be just as good as Guy's.

And I got some self serve ice cream. Tell me that does not look funny :D

Day4-576_zpsf8eee286.jpg

Is that strawberry? If so I'm in BIG trouble.

The show had very R-rated comedy, my type of comedy. But it was very hard for him to fully engage the audience with that kind of comedy. At times it was a hand full of us laughing and the rest of people looking like what the hell… From what I gather Carnival has no fear with true no sensor comedians (my type), I will make sure to go to more of these in the future.

[/color]

I totally agree. Maybe that's why I fell asleep while on Breakaway when watching their comedic show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gambee,

I want say to how much I'm enjoying your review! Your pictures are just stunning. I just may end up booking the Breeze before you're done. :D

Also, I know that such an in-depth review is time consuming, so a big thank you for all your hard work!

Good point. I forgot about the transportation aspect since I had my brother to show us around.

This is one of the reasons why we booked Carnival for our next cruise. We were on Glory shortly after she got the 2.0 upgrades. We didn't go to Blue Iguana that much, I think we did them for breakfast more, but we will alternate them and Guys for lunch when we're on Breeze because of your review.

Also thanks for the tips about Bonsai. I haven't had really good sushi in a while, since we were at Disney's restaurant at the top of the contemporary. That was the only time I got DH to try sushi too. I can definitely see us eating it on our balcony.

Since you didn't partake in the BBQ, can anyone else comment if it's good or not? We're hoping it's going to be just as good as Guy's.

I totally agree. Maybe that's why I fell asleep while on Breakaway when watching their comedic show.

I waited in line for about 25 minutes for the BBQ and did not care for it at all and I like BBQ. They were out of some items and the staff did not seem in any hurry to replenish them. Should have gone to the Buffet instead. Not worth the wait. Food was served on metal pizza like trays.

Sent from my iPad using Forums.

Don't bet any money on that!

We had no wait for the BBQ as the line was maybe 10 people before us and moved rather quickly. I'm sorry to say I didn't enjoy it at all. The best thing on my plate was the pork sausage and it was just okay. I made it a point to try all the meats too.

The only thing that beats Guy's on the Breeze, IMO, was the food at the steak house. Simply delicious!

I have read about rum point, but the problem is actually getting there. It is quite far and to get a taxi it can add up. I believe there a few shuttles that make runs there, but they are few in between. I will keep that in mind, I have seen some pictures from there and they are just gorgeous.

Count me as another vote for booking independently in Grand Cayman. I've been out with Moby Dick twice and had excellent trips both times.

I'm considering Native Way next time because they do go to Rum Point as well as the reef and the sandbar. Rum Point looks beautiful in every pic I've seen.

Still loving the review!

Before heading up to the room I took a picture of the MDR menu for the day. That seafood platter sounds nice.

Day4-570_zpsbb26a0fa.jpg

Day4-571_zps14b1c64c.jpg

Too bad you didn't try the MDR that night. The escargot is one of the best things on a Carnival menu. Also, the chilled cherry soup is quite nice as well!!! I was saddened to hear you didn't like the MDR much but at least you found other food you enjoyed and still had a great trip! :D

That was my thought. But they really should consider adding more purell stations.

Thank you.

After a few days I finally found some at the beginning of the buffet on the wall I think. Od place, your hand doesn't get dry before you pick up your plate. I know for sure you don't go in the buffet on RC without the guy standing there guiding you to them , I just used my own most of the time.

Edited by Gon2hwe

Gambee, you simply have to stop cruising ships that aren't already on my cruise wishlist! My list is already so long I don't know how I will ever be able to complete it, and now it is even longer because I've just added the Breeze to it! Please don't tell my DH that my list is longer - he thinks I'm out of control with my cruise planning already! :eek: Besides, I just got home from a week in Grand Cayman and I already want to go back! :D

I have finally caught up!

Honestly, Gambee, you are the only one (along with LittleMissMagic) who can make us want to try a line we've never been on! Definitely looking into the Breeze!

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Thank you :). You should definitely check out the Breeze, wonderful ship!

Great review Gambee.....and don't worry about camera issues. I do like the NEX better, but your other cameras does a good job too. My problem is that I have now gone full frame, and guess how large the lenses are? They are humongous. I will have a lot to lug around unless I just leave the FX at home and take my D7100 with the DX lenses.

I also noticed some sensor spots on my last several D7100 pictures. It's just a fact of life. If you have interchangeable lenses, you WILL eventually have to clean your sensor. Now with the pollen from the grasses and trees where I live, the dust is in abundance.

Your dust was barely visable and did not detract from your review. I am enjoying it all. What did you do to get refills on your bottle of SKY? Did you buy another bottle? Just wondering....otherwise you would have a bigger headache! :D

The Breeze is a lot more fun than the Dream, although we liked them both. I loved the Blue Iguana too! I had some tasty burritos there several days. The shrimp ones were fantastic. Glad you are having fun! ;)

Yeah I dont think ill go full frame ever, I always looking at a good balance between size and pic quality. I think I have found it, we will see. I sually clean the sensor prior every cruise, just never did for this one because I was using the RX more often.

Once the bottle is gone, she is gone. You can only buy bottles before you board the cruise, I had to go on buying drinks. Kind of funny actually, you will see why later on.

I've been reading every second of your review, we're going on the Breeze Jan, 31,2015. Best review I've ever read, and your pics are incredible!

My hubby and I took the Moby Dick stingray tour, and yes, the local independent tours are by far the best. We loved every minute, and you could tell by the crowd of the cruise ship tour not far from us that we got the best deal. Your pics of the stingrays brought back great memories.

You sure put a ton of work into your reviews, thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words and for following every step of the way.

I forgot about the pool tables, even though we were supposed to have a group game one day. Oops. I also keep missing Blue Iguana, 2nd ship with them and I haven't made it there yet. I did like the sushi place, the Spicy Tuna roll was very good as well.

I was thinking of the pool game that we were supposed to play, too bad, that would had been fun.

I still have pictures of the food in the BBQ, but like the others said, it really did not look that appetizing.

Gambee,

I want say to how much I'm enjoying your review! Your pictures are just stunning. I just may end up booking the Breeze before you're done. :D

Also, I know that such an in-depth review is time consuming, so a big thank you for all your hard work!

Thank for commenting and following :)