Residency rates, any luck?

reerun25

I was just curious, does any other state other than Florida ever get a special residency rate? Anyone ever had any luck?

Yes, last year or maybe even the year before, we got a residency rate for Ontario, Canada. I believe it was for more than just our province. Made a difference of about $60 pp.:D

Have read in the past that other states also get it. It was posted by someone complaining that a resident from a state other than theirs got it but they didn't.

I was just curious, does any other state other than Florida ever get a special residency rate? Anyone ever had any luck?

Sure. I live in Kentucky and see those rates fairly often. However, if I was booking a Carnival cruise more than 5 months away, I would book Early Saver.

That way, if you saw a Resident rate that was lower than the ES you paid, Carnival would match it and give you the difference.

Yep, I just booked another cruise on the Breeze using a Georgia residency rate. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Never for New Mexico, I don't think Carnival knows we exist! I see them all the time for all the states that surround New Mexico (TX, AZ, CO), but never NM.

That is what I am thinking about SC.. I have seen NC, FL, and GA, but no SC...

OK, I have to ask......where does it give you the resident rate? I have my state checked but I wouldn't know where to look. :eek:

If your state has a promo going on, it will show up in the rates list when using the fare checker. It would have Past Guest (if you have that checked), ES, residency rate, and any other promos going on. If you don't see it, then there is not a promo for your state...

I've never received a good residency rate for a cruise leaving out of Florida, but most of the cruises for NY or Baltimore, I get a good rate for living in NJ, especially when its booked 6 months or sooner from sailing.