Ballroom Dancing

Sewinque

which cruise line caters most to ballroom dancing? We have just finished a cruise with Celebrity and were VERY disappointed with the lack of ballroom dancing. The music was also horrible, even if you didn't want to dance, but just sit and listen.

CJ

I just looked up themed cruises and it looks to me as if crystal cruises has the most "ballroom dancing cruises" Your best bet would be to google "ballroom dancing cruises" and see what's available. Good luck

Just got off of Splendour of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. They had two dancing shows as well as a spinoff of Dancing with the Stars. In addition, there was a variety of music performed nightly to which many people danced. There were also a couple of dance classes (salsa, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Costa, by far. Their musicians take pride in playing what passengers want to hear, including dance music. Cunard pays lip service, but their music is quite unreliable. Crystal has large dance floors, but their music is even worse (when I requested a slow waltz at 90 beats per minute, I was actually told "we don't know what you're talking about").

Dance cruises are very hard to find on the Internet. The two cruises I'm going on next winter, neither is on the first Google pages.

Unfortunately, most threads end up being hijacked by non-dancers- we're having that problem now over on the Cunard board.