Wanted to share my excitement--mini-suite!

flipoid

We were on the Star and the room that we had originall was an AE. We moved up into the Dolphin Deck Mini Suite AA room 403. WHen you look at the diagram of each floor on the Star you will see that the excursion boats are along there.

We are also booked in E731 on the CB in Oct. Have had balcony rooms on CB previously (BA & BB aft) and loved them both. Can't wait to experience the minisuite. There will be three of us on this cruise, the reason we booked the mini, but I am really excited to have the extra space on the balcony. From pictures we've seen it looks like plenty of room for 2 loungers + table and chairs. Even more exciting is the fact that this week we booked E731 for a B2B on the Crown Princess in Nov. 2006. First time for a B2B, first time Southern Caribbean (figured we'd save by doing both itineraries using 1 airfare, lol!) first time Crown Princess. We are also over 15 months out but it seems you can get a great choice of cabins that way.

We love the CB and can't wait to read about the Crown as everyone starts sailing next summer.

awfw

• 2 months later...

When I tried to book one of the covered balconies on the Emerald, they told me because it was a cat. AD that we could;t pick a specific cabin..it would just be guaranteed it would be one. being that we need 2 cabins right next door to each other we are staying on Dolphin. How did you guys book those specific cabins on Emerald deck?

Jobro2, I was able to book a specific cabin for an Emerald deck mini. It is not a guarantee. I did this through my TA, after checking the Expedia website to see which specific cabins were still available. Then I picked the one I wanted and called the TA and requested it. No problem. Check expedia and see. It might be that all of the Emerald mini's are taken.

When I tried to book one of the covered balconies on the Emerald, they told me because it was a cat. AD that we couldn't pick a specific cabin..it would just be guaranteed it would be one. being that we need 2 cabins right next door to each other we are staying on Dolphin. How did you guys book those specific cabins on Emerald deck?

I just went to one of the online sites that offers travel services to check their prices for my sailing on the CB. When I was searching for prices on balconies and mini-suites (I already knew we didn't want a Dolphin deck mini-suite because of the uncovered balcony--thanks, Cruise Critic posters!) , I discovered that the price for the AD (Emerald deck) mini-suite wasn't much more than the price for the Riviera deck balcony I'd already booked. So I changed my booking from my previous online travel agent to the new travel service, and chose E728 because it was one of the last (or maybe the last; I don't remember) AD cabins available. Right after I booked that cabin, all the websites I checked only had an AD guarantee (or is that "guaranty"?) available.

So, Jobro2, depending on what sailing you were going on, if your TA told you that the only thing available was an AD guarantee, I think it just means that all the Emerald deck mini-suites had been chosen specifically by customers who had already booked. That's also why I told my TA to mark our booking "no upgrade," since I don't want to lose that cabin.

We have E730 for our first Princess cruise on the Crown in September. Cannot wait! ;)

We booked mini-suite E731 on the CB with the extended balcony on the New year's cruise 15 months before sailing. It was fantastic!As soon as the 2006/2007 sailings became available for booking last month, we booked E731 again :D for the Halloween cruise 2006 (another 15 months before sailing). My DB & SiL who are going with us booked E730.

Archived