Flame Away ~ POA review

3Kittens

Thank you for sharing your POA cruise experience.

I am thankful for knowing of others good, bad & ugly experiences

That suite looks great....wishing I had booked one of those instead of a SG.

Now want to go check out that carpeting...LOL

Regarding the food…. I have read here many times, poster comments on the quality of the food. So much so (and no, we are anything but fussy), I called the cruise line prior to the cruise. Esp after reading about the catastrophe with deck 13 and bathroom flooding, and room configurations. I have never called a cruise company before, but considering the price of this cruise, I had my concerns. :(

So to be fair to the POA and correct some inaccurate information....

I was one of the passengers involved in the bathroom "flooding" and room configurations issue last year. The alleged "flooding" was in the Grand Suite, which I stayed in last November (2013). It had been reported by the guest 2 cruises before me that there was a serious leak (I don't believe the word "flooding" was used) in the suite's bathroom, and as a result, I contacted NCL corporate headquarters prior to my cruise. Because there was no other comparable suite on the ship, I elected to stay in the suite even with the leak and NCL gave me a significant amount of OBC as compensation. In fact, when I got in the suite, there was no flooding, as I noted in my extended review of our cruise. (Search on my handle, Midnight Blue, to find it.) If you stepped on one or two tiles in the bathroom, a little bit of water seeped out between them. Putting down a hand towel was more than enough to solve the problem -- or one could simply avoid stepping on those tiles.

The room configuration issue was a different story. NCL truly dropped the ball on the drydock of POA -- for months, no one at NCL seemed to know what had actually been done to the ship, and the descriptions of the rooms were wrong on the website and were not changed, even after NCL was told how incorrect they were.

As for the food -- that is, of course, highly subjective. I consider myself a bit of a "foodie" and I've been fortunate enough to eat at some really top notch restaurants. I don't expect that level of food on a cruise ship. Applying what I think is a reasonable standard and expectation of food quality on a cruise ship, overall, I found the food on POA to be fine. For what it's worth, the biggest foodie in my family actually quite liked the buffet.

Edited by Midnight Blue