Jet ski rental on 7mile beach vs jetski tours

Jgarriso

traveling to grand cayman with 3 18 year olds on May 30th. This is our beach day but wondering about jet ski rentals. anyone been there lately and know the cost for rentals and any suggestions on the best place to rent from and will there be lines. We have looked at the tours, which look like a real good deal for the price, but not sure we want to leave the 7-mile beach area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby rented one at Sea Grape beach....I think it was in the $100 range for 45 mins or so....don't remember exactly. They give you a short instruction time, then you go on your own. There were lounger/umbrella rentals, restrooms, food/drink there...so I had my comforts while he was whooping it up!

The tours are usually "follow the leader" sort of things....but they may take you to "points of interest"....check each tour for more info.

Edited by cb at sea

Thanks for that, CB! We're interested in renting jet skis without doing the tours because we're leaving the kids on the beach with grandma, and didn't want to be gone so long. I was having trouble finding information on where on 7 mile beach to rent jet skis, the cost of doing so, and how readily available the jet skis are for renting without doing the tours.