Royal Transatlantic/Baltics in Forward Corner Mini-Suite L108

CI66774

Hi Everyone!

As this trip is winding down, I thought I'd start a post. A couple of people already have posted wonderful stuff about the trip so I won't repeat it but I thought I'd share my experience in this "mysterious" mini-suite up at the bow of the ship.

Background - I booked this cabin before the Royal was completed and it was considered the lowest category mini-suite (got a very good fare on this cabin). Sometime after Royal's launch, Princess re-categorized the cabin as a "premium" mini-suite and jacked up the fare. Suffice to say, I didn't pay the higher fare.

Configuration - L108 is on the port side of the ship under a massage room in the Sanctuary. The entry way is a longer, wider hall with lots of closets on your left and the bathroom on your right. This cabin has an extremely long writing desk (length of room) with lots of counter and drawer space. As you walk further you see a living area on your right and the sliding glass doors in front of you. Turn the corner and go through the curtains and you see a separate bedroom and tv and window (tv in living area, also). This stateroom only holds TWO people - the couch does NOT turn into a bed. The balcony is huge, huge and curves around to the front. I will try to post photos of the cabin when I return home.

Location - best location on the ship, IMHO. Very quiet - never any noise from above or from any of other cruisers. Quietest cabin I've ever had. Same deck as pool and Horizon Court and easy access to forward elevators. I loved this location as I was traveling with my young daughter and it was convenient to the kid's club, too.

Square Footage - Much bigger than a regular mini-suite (stayed in one in December). Loved the separate bed area - so quiet. I really loved this cabin.

Access to balcony - no restrictions while at sea or at port. However, some nights it was way too windy to even attempt to go on the balcony while at sea. Balcony gets lots of sun but is partially covered, too. Curtains must be kept closed at night but no biggie at all!

Noise from the wind - this is the one hesitation about this cabin. Would I book it again - in a heartbeat (if the price was right) but a few of the nights when really windy, the room literally vibrates and the wind makes a noise that is deafening. It woke me up once and I couldn't get to sleep one because of it. Eventually the ship changed course, etc. and the noise dissipated but I wanted to mention this in case any sensitive sleepers (when it comes to vibration) may book this cabin.

Final verdict - I loved this cabin. Large, quiet and well-situated. I would consider paying the premium for this cabin on long voyages, etc. Probably wouldn't on short cruises, though. Again, will try to post photos when I return but this is a GREAT cabin!!!!

Edited by CI66774