Celebrity's Cancellation Policy

mickeysgal

For the life of me I can't find any reference to the cancellation policy on Celebrity's website.

What is their cancellation policy?

Full refund of deposit if done prior to final payment?

What about afterwards? On other lines, I can usually find a grid of percentage of fare that is refundable/unrefundable.

Cancellation should be spelled out in your reservation confirmation. Yes, full refund if cancelled prior to final payment.

Your TA may have a cancellation fee. If so, get a new TA.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

For the life of me I can't find any reference to the cancellation policy on Celebrity's website.

What is their cancellation policy?

Full refund of deposit if done prior to final payment?

What about afterwards? On other lines, I can usually find a grid of percentage of fare that is refundable/unrefundable.

You are entitled to full refund of your deposit if cancellation occurs prior to final payment... After final payment, refunds--if any--are based upon a diminishing scale based upon the interval between cancellation and sailing date...

If you look at the invoice for your upcoming cruise--assuming that you either booked directly with Celebrity or your Travel Agent uses Celebrity's invoice in communicating with you [some use their own formats]--you will find a detailed schedule of cancellation fees...

Cancellation should be spelled out in your reservation confirmation. Yes, full refund if cancelled prior to final payment.

Your TA may have a cancellation fee. If so, get a new TA.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You are entitled to full refund of your deposit if cancellation occurs prior to final payment... After final payment, refunds--if any--are based upon a diminishing scale based upon the interval between cancellation and sailing date...

If you look at the invoice for your upcoming cruise--assuming that you either booked directly with Celebrity or your Travel Agent uses Celebrity's invoice in communicating with you [some use their own formats]--you will find a detailed schedule of cancellation fees...

Thanks to you both!

Here is a link to the North American Celebrities Cruise Contract. If you are in North America the cancellation policy/charges are listed on pages 2 and 3. I'm sure a similar document is available for other countries (it's under the FAQ section of the Celebrity website).

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/cruise_ticket_contract/Celebrity-Cruise-Ticket-Contract.pdf

Wrong answer! It depends on where you booked/live. There are cancellation fees in some areas. The answers given are valid for the US.

In the UK, with X you still forfeit your deposit if you cancel before the other cancellation charges start to apply ie.we cannot book and then change our mind.

Princess have now changed their cancellation charges in the UK, so that if you cancel your booking 180 days or more in advance, no cancellation charges. 179-90 days prior to sailing you lose your deposit etc.