Quebec cruise terminal

I've been trying to find a pic of the terminal to see exactly what it looks like and exactly where the entrance is if we walk to it.

We are staying pre-cruise 1 nt at hotel Le St Paul. I googled distance to terminal and found it to be about a 10 min walk straight down Rue St Paul, which is where the hotel is located.

Got any pics or tips about walking to the terminal? Of course, the weather is a consideration, being early November! What would a cab cost? Do they charge by the person, or distance; or is it flat rate?

I've been trying to find a pic of the terminal to see exactly what it looks like and exactly where the entrance is if we walk to it.

We are staying pre-cruise 1 nt at hotel Le St Paul. I googled distance to terminal and found it to be about a 10 min walk straight down Rue St Paul, which is where the hotel is located.

Got any pics or tips about walking to the terminal? Of course, the weather is a consideration, being early November! What would a cab cost? Do they charge by the person, or distance; or is it flat rate?

Google Street View! It's really surprising to me how few CCers seem to take advantage of this brilliant tool, but with it, you can 'walk' the entire way from your hotel to the Cruise Terminal: https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/H%C3%B4tel+Le+St-Paul,+229+Saint+Paul+Street,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1K+3W3/Espace+Dalhousie,+84+Rue+Dalhousie,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1K/@46.8167756,-71.2071328,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb895e07ba3f991:0x1c2f52a6eefa2c43!2m2!1d-71.209295!2d46.816868!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cb895e7bb313653:0x3fda83196dc7d65e!2m2!1d-71.200679!2d46.816629!3e2 Just walk straight down rue St. Paul, cross the street, and use the walkway in between the 2 red brick government buildings, and you're right there. Or, you can actually take a city bus, about 2 or 3 stops I think.

If you want to Google pictures of the terminal, use 'Espace Dalhousie' - that the name of the building when used for non-cruise purposes (as the cruise season is limited here in QC, it's rented out for private functions the rest of the year).

Thanks Twickenham. I did follow the Google street view. I was just wondering once we go between the 2 brick buildings do we come upon the actual entrance where we check our bags?

Susan

Thanks Twickenham. I did follow the Google street view. I was just wondering once we go between the 2 brick buildings do we come upon the actual entrance where we check our bags?

Susan

Ah, yes, it does stop there, doesn't it... The path is directly in line with the entrance - there's a parking lot in between, but it's not very big. I'll see if I can take a picture of the area next time I'm down there cruise ship spotting...:D

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, yes, it does stop there, doesn't it... The path is directly in line with the entrance - there's a parking lot in between, but it's not very big. I'll see if I can take a picture of the area next time I'm down there cruise ship spotting...:D

Thanks, I would appreciate it!!!

Susan

I think we dock at pier 30. do you think we could walk to old town from there?? Trying to find a good hotel for the night before and since our first night on the cruise is still in Quebec would like to explore. thanks.

We will be cruising out of Quebec for the first time, a year from this Oct and what hotels are recommended for a party of 3, I am sure our Roll Call will begin checking things out this fall. It will be DH & myself and our adult daughter.

Gay