Emerald Princess Baltic - Lecturer on board?? Please advise

dimiegirl

Hello Everyone,

After much indecision and with the help of many of the wonderful members of the cruise critic community, I have finally decided on a 14 day baltic cruise on the emerald princess. My question is: Are there lecturers that talk about the history and other information about the ports of call? I have attended many of these lectures on celebrity and truly enjoy learning about the ports of call, not about the shopping opportunities from the port shopping guide, but to really learn about the destinations. Has anybody been who has been on the baltic cruise with princess remember if there are guest lecturers on board? Any information is greatly appreciated:)

We had a great lecturer. I think his name is John Lawrence. He is all about history and the sites you will see, not the shopping although he will offer you the chance to buy his book.

We also had John & bought his excellent "Baltics Treasures" DVD with port info & a documentary about the last of the Romanovs.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I think John has retired or his contract wasn't renewed. You can still buy his CD, though, which is excellent.

Does this mean that there are no more lecturers on the emerald princess baltic cruise or just that they have hired someone else?:confused: