Montreal: how early can we get a departing flight?

Dmgmd50

Our cruise docks in Montreal at 7:00 AM. What is the earliest time we should schedule our flight home? Is the airport far from the pier?

As another option, Seabourn offers a Montreal tour with airport transfer. If we took that cruise, then at what time should we book a flight home?

Be aware that you clear US Customs and Immigration in Montreal prior to your flight to the States. The lineups are notorious, and a 1-2 hour delay is not unusual getting through the inspection. Montreal has much to see for a tourist, especially in the area of the port, if you have some time.

Take the Seabourn excursion that also drops you at the airport. We did it n Copenhagen and it was a good way of filling the gap between disembarkation and the flight. They then have the responsibility of making sure you are at the airport on time.

Even on a good day, Montreal traffic can be very bad. Between ever-present construction, heavy volume of traffic, and delays, you should book a flight for noon or later.

Montreal is a beautiful city, with lots of history and great architecture. You might consider the excursion that is offered, as secoma4 mentioned.:)

Take the Seabourn excursion that also drops you at the airport. We did it n Copenhagen and it was a good way of filling the gap between disembarkation and the flight. They then have the responsibility of making sure you are at the airport on time.

I will call Seabourn and find out what time the tour bus would get us to the airport.

Be aware that you clear US Customs and Immigration in Montreal prior to your flight to the States. The lineups are notorious, and a 1-2 hour delay is not unusual getting through the inspection. Montreal has much to see for a tourist, especially in the area of the port, if you have some time.

Do you know if the Global entry card works in Montreal to bypass the immigration lines as it does at US airports when you come from a foreign country?

I will call Seabourn and find out what time the tour bus would get us to the airport.

Turns out the three hour tour leaves at 8:15 am so we should be at the airport by noon. Seabourn said we would be there at 11:15 but I'm not sure if I believe that.

Turns out the three hour tour leaves at 8:15 am so we should be at the airport by noon. Seabourn said we would be there at 11:15 but I'm not sure if I believe that.

Also Seabourn is very conservative about airport timings. They make the tour available based on your flight departure time and the last couple of times they've required 3 hours at the airport, ie if they expect to turn up there at 11.15, only passengers with flights after 14.15 will be allowed to take the tour.

I always show up early to airports but 3 hours is pretty conservative especially if travelling business where you can usually zip through the immigration/inspection lines. Last time we 'adjusted' the flight time by 30 minutes so we could take the tour, and still spent an hour plus cooling our heels in the lounge.