Dinner dress code

jp12687

Hey,

i am heading out on the splendor next week. I was wondering are Jeans acceptable for dinner most nights (non elegant nights?)? is there a specific dress code? obviously no bathing suits but would like to do jeans and a polo..

thanks,

I highly recommend reading through Carnival's FAQ section. That will address all sorts of things, including dress code, what you can carry on (beverages), and many other subjects.

Yes, nice jeans are acceptable on casual nights.

Hey,

i am heading out on the splendor next week. I was wondering are Jeans acceptable for dinner most nights (non elegant nights?)? is there a specific dress code? obviously no bathing suits but would like to do jeans and a polo..

thanks,

My husband wears jeans and a polo almost every night at dinner with the exception of the formal nights, when he wears a suit or a button down with nice slacks. I wear dresses every night, but that's just because I am more comfortable in dresses. It's a pretty casual cruise line.

thats what i thought. someone told one of the people i'm traveling with they don't allow jeans at dinner which i thought was wrong

thanks!

they even allow shorts on casual nights so I'm sure nice jeans would be totally acceptable.:)

Enjoy your cruise

Bill

When you look at Carnival's website, it states no jeans. But I'm sure it would be fine as they are more casual than other cruise lines. My husband got away with long shorts on one of the elegant nights, so I don't think they are too strict on dress code!

There are rules and then there are imaginary dream rules and then there are enforced rules. In the end, wear what you want as long as not outrageous. (which is different to different people) The mouthpiece of the cruise line doesn't care about dress code, no one else should either.

On our second cruise we took our son's best friend with us. We all agreed to meet for dinner at the MDR. He showed up in shorts and a sleeveless t shirt. He was asked to go and change. This was not on elegant night. So they do sometimes adhere to the rules.

Hey,

thanks,

The dress code is written primary to help passenger be aware of what most others are wearing, but jeans are only prohibited on Elegant night.

Hey,

thanks,

You will be perfectly dressed. Even on the formal night we saw guys in T Shirts, and I mean white undershirts, and shorts. Ball caps were around also...

Hey,

thanks,

Jeans and a polo shirt are fine!

The dress code on Carnival is very relaxed ... even on their Elegant Nights.

LuLu

I think a lot depends upon the passengers/ship/location any given week.

Just off the Valor a few weeks ago and Jeans and shorts were certainly the norm for most guys on the casual nights with t-shirts or polo shirts. Very few suits or shirts/ties on formal night. Most with slacks and shirts.

I wore a suit on the 1st formal night on the Valor since I felt very under-dressed on the formal nights on my last cruise on the Splendor out of NY. I just wore shirt/slacks and the majority of the guys actually wore suits/ties on both formal nights. An earlier poster indicated that nobody really dressed up on their Splendor cruise so you can see again that it really varies by the crowd each week. On the Valor, I stuck out like a sore thumb since almost nobody was in a suit and I didn't repeat it for the second formal night.

Certainly wouldn't stress out over it and wear what you are comfortable with since just about anything passes. Have a great trip.

I think of eating dinner in the MDR comparable to eating in a nice restaurant in an urban city (like Charlotte, NC) and my DH and I dress accordingly. That's just how we roll, doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way.

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app