Swimming with dolphins

Bowlman67

We are coming to st thomas on carnival liberty this july and they offer a excursion to swim with dolphins. It takes you to the island of tortola for this tour by boat and you have to take your passports too. I would like to know if anyone has done this tour. Any info would be great.

I wanted to participate in this activity for many years. Since then, I have learned so much about these beautiful animals. You certainly have every right to bring your family, but please go fully informed of the way these places work .

http://www.wspa-usa.org/wspaswork/oceans/wrongwithswimwithdolphins.aspx

They all lie and say the dolphins are rescues - usually not.

Watch the film The Cove, (graphic), or Black Fin, then if you want to supporrt these expereinces at least you know.

Ready for flames.

Coral World on St Thomas offers a sea lion swim, and it gets rave reviews. I did the swim a few years ago, and had a great time interacting on land and in the water with the animal.

Since the sea lion swim is at Coki Beach, you can also have quality beach time before or after your animal swim.

Be sure to compare prices/time against ship/island tours. Ship tours often include rt transportation, the ship tour may be cheaper than booking direct.