What a vacation!!!! Carnival Valor Review

We are booked on this cruise next April for our 30th anniversay. We are going with a group of friends and family and are very excited and counting down the days.

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. Helps people like me to plan our trip and also live vicariously through your adventures!! Lol

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

We got off the Valor on the day that you embarked in Puerto Rico. We had 2 port side rooms on Empress closer to the aft elevator. Was your steward Antony? He was good and put up with my two messy teens who didn't keep their cabins cleaned at ALL.

We got off the Valor on the day that you embarked in Puerto Rico. We had 2 port side rooms on Empress closer to the aft elevator. Was your steward Antony? He was good and put up with my two messy teens who didn't keep their cabins cleaned at ALL.

I think his name was Antony Personable fun guy!

Wednesday was our Barbados Day We had reserved 8 places on Calabazza Catamaran . We met at the designated place at the port and headed by van to the marina. We were greeted by the crew of the Calabazza and after a quick briefing we were sailing off to the first stop. Swimming with the sea turtles. While relaxing and getting settled we were offered coffee, tea and homemade banana bread. I am gluten free so could not partake in the yummy smelling treat, but everyone else did and enjoyed it.

A few minutes later they were pouring rum punches and handing out beer! Along with the first round were some fried fish cakes (fritters) and a dipping sauce prepared for by Gina. (the owner of the cat) Everyone raved about them. Unfortunately for me I couldn't taste those either :(

We arrived at the first stop and were in the water with the deck hand Fabian. He was outstanding. He took tons of photos which were emailed free of charge to us the following day. Along with the recipes of all her wonderful meals and appetizers and desserts! IMG_6450_zps7408bf2d.jpg

IMG_6449_zps36c687b2.jpg

Edited by FloridaLaura

We were at the sea turtle spot for over 30 minutes enjoying every minute, I was able to touch two turtles. We saw several bat fish and several turtles . We were the only boat out there for most of the 30 minutes. When it was about time to head to the boat to go to stop # 2 a larger catamaran showed up with over 50 people on board. I was so thankful we had only 12!

We all climbed aboard and rinsed off. Gina had a spread of dips and salsa and large crackers for everyone to enjoy and of course more rum punch, mixed cocktails, beer soda and water!

We sailed for a bit and got to a reef and swam for about another 30 minutes. It wasnt the best snorkeling I have seen but still fun. We were going to go to a shipwreck instead but there were already tons of boats over there, so they decided we would enjoy the reef alone better.

We than got onboard and there was a huge spread of lunch set up in the galley area. Mahi Mahi, bbq ribs, pasta salad, root veggies, tossed salad, couscous, cole slaw plus other items every thing was outstanding and plentiful. They waited on us hand and foot.

We then swam over to a secluded beach to relax for a bit.

006_zps4bb3ab4b.jpg

017_zpsd2a55254.jpg

049_zps5633f5f3.jpg

052_zps0e0fda79.jpg

We then sailed back to the port (about 45 minutes) and enjoyed more rum and drinks and Amber and I found the best seat in the house. Great for leg massages, she got up after 10 minutes and hubby and I stayed there the rest of the time. It was heaven!

10342955_10203875419235268_7111325562497480097_n_zpsb3ca1c7b.jpg

Not to get all mushy, but I actually started tearing up sitting back there with my husband, I told him I felt so blessed to be experiencing this with him and so many friends, many people can never experience such wonderful things and I truly was in the moment and appreciated it!

IMG_6471_zpsbbde9554.jpg

All week I have tried to capture a gorgeous sunset or sunrise and every night no matter if we were travelling north or south the sunset was on the opposite side of the ship from my balcony. I suppose I could have gone up to the top deck but it was always when we were getting ready for dinner and I was in my robe lol this is the best I could get. Wednesday night..

IMG_6477_zps13cf3cba.jpg

Beautiful....I was thinking about going on this cruise on Jan 25, 2015...will. Be nice to see more reviews of the places you went.

Clara

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Valor on the 18th of Jan 2015 so we will be getting off as you get on maybe? To the OP... thanks for posting the review. Love this itinerary. In January it will be our 3rd time on this route on Carnival. I reviewed my other two times as well. Definitely my favorite cruises so far. Subscribed and looking forward to the rest.

This has been our favorite itinerary to date ! For all those with upcoming cruises have a super time! I am sure you will. It is a little tiring with so many ports and only one sea day but worth it! I figured I can rest once I am back at the office lol

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will work on St. Lucia next !

Thursday we were in St. Lucia for the day. We had a great relaxed breakfast in the dining room. We enjoyed that so much more than the lido buffet for breakfast.

We prebooked a private excursion with Spencer Armbrose. One couple did the Land and Sea tour, the rest of us did Jalousey Beach Break. It was 85.00 pp to do the beach break 90.00pp for the land and sea.

We all met outside the port and saw a lady holding a sign for Spencer, we gathered there and waited for a strangling couple for about 15 min, it was warm and very hectic right there at the port. We noticed two armed men standing across the street watching. Felt a little unnerved! Finally the last couple (not my friends lol showed up and we walked to the marina to get in Spencers 37 foot speed boat ( i think I read it was 37ft) it had twin Mercury 300 hp engines on it. One client almost fell in the water trying to load in the boat. Not a good way for his day to start luckily he was caught just in time and hung on !

Once on the boat we were taken for a 45 minute fast ride to the Gros Pitons to start our day. THe beach itself where we get the free chairs leaves a little to be desired, but the prett side of the beach would be 20.00 per chair, we were fine with the free ones. We were the first excursion to arrive so we got the pick of the litter so to speak. All of our chairs had all the straps and rungs, some were not as lucky lol

There is a marine reserve right in front of our seats with the best snorkeling of the entire cruise. Beautiful coral and tons of fish!

IMG_6478_zps6a6da245.jpg

this is the area we sat at below

IMG_6479_zpsc177e2a9.jpg

this is to our left..the prety side of the beach, which we were free to walk over there and swim etc

IMG_6492_zps833fb9e4.jpg

We were given free drinks (rum punch, Piton Beer, soda, water etc) through out the day and our excursion also included a lunch of bbq chicken, green banana salad, pasta salad, tossed salad and rice and beans. All very good.

After much snorkeling, drinking, swimming and lounging it was time to head back to the port. We took our time seeing the sights as we boated back.

IMG_6537_zps366fee6f.jpg

This is where one of the season of the Bachelor was filmed

IMG_6546_zps5b56d50e.jpg

This was a beautiful village or town we got to see

IMG_6578_zps5960d8bc.jpg

When I did this itinerary, Barbados is the one place I could not find anything I wanted to do! When I got back, I started reading all these reviews about Calabazza/Glory Tours. I even emailed Gina after reading rave reviews about her Macaroni Pie that is so famous in Barbados and she responded right away and emailed the recipe to me. I tried making it but my recreation was just okay - probably b/c I lacked the "bajan" seasoning. :) So I will definitely give them my business next time I head that way! This itinerary has been my favorite to date.

Thank you for your review. I personally know how time consuming it is to upload all the photos and trying to remember all the details!

When I did this itinerary, Barbados is the one place I could not find anything I wanted to do! When I got back, I started reading all these reviews about Calabazza/Glory Tours. I even emailed Gina after reading rave reviews about her Macaroni Pie that is so famous in Barbados and she responded right away and emailed the recipe to me. I tried making it but my recreation was just okay - probably b/c I lacked the "bajan" seasoning. :) So I will definitely give them my business next time I head that way! This itinerary has been my favorite to date.

Thank you for your review. I personally know how time consuming it is to upload all the photos and trying to remember all the details!

Thank you...I enjoy reliving last week by doing the review. I am at the office so its a little escape from reality!

I made her cole slaw last night, the recipe is funny. Add your cabbage and grated carrots to the mayo then add 3 tsp brown sugar. She never said how much cabbage, carrots or mayo lol But my slaw came out tasty, guess I got close!

We are on the Valor on the 18th of Jan 2015 so we will be getting off as you get on maybe? To the OP... thanks for posting the review. Love this itinerary. In January it will be our 3rd time on this route on Carnival. I reviewed my other two times as well. Definitely my favorite cruises so far. Subscribed and looking forward to the rest.

We are booked for the 25th of January 2015. This cruise will be the BEST ever and now after seeing such an amazing review of Calabaza I think we are going to book with them!!!!

Thank you...I enjoy reliving last week by doing the review. I am at the office so its a little escape from reality!

I made her cole slaw last night, the recipe is funny. Add your cabbage and grated carrots to the mayo then add 3 tsp brown sugar. She never said how much cabbage, carrots or mayo lol But my slaw came out tasty, guess I got close!

I so agree, writing the review is a great way to relive your trip and give others a chance to help with ideas... Look at how many Calabasa business you have droned up for them. They (reviews) are also great to go back in the future and read your review again to remember all the good times. I know I go and read through mine from time to time and think.. oh yeah that was such a fun time. BTW you are doing a great job on the review.

I was torn between an island tour and Calabazza. Your outstanding review helped me decide ... I just booked Calabazza for our cruise in April 2015! :)

Loving the review. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

We got to the port around 12:30pm and were directed to the terminal to get our sail and sign cards and check in. It went very quickly and we were onboard by 1pm.

I am going on this cruise next November and I am confused. Do you board at the normal time as w/ any other cruise but just don't leave port until 10 p.m.?