What would you do...

ssdiamond8

In June I'm looking to go on my 3rd cruise and my friend will be going on their second. I have loved my previous two cruises while my friend has only taken a 3 day cruise from LA on a smaller boat and was not impressed. I have been to a few island but my friend has never been to the Caribbean so it would all be new to them.

We are trying to decide from the following:

1) Carnival Valor out of San Juan (7 nights) to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten. My thoughts are that I really like this itinerary and although I personally have been to most of the stops (all except St. Kitts, but Barbados and St. Lucia were my favorites yet!). I am concerned however that Valor is older than the other options.

2) Carnival Freedom out of FL (8 nights) to Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba, and Curacao. My thoughts on this one are that I haven't been to any of the ports which is a plus, but am not sure that 3 at sea days is the best itinerary for my friends first longer cruise. I do like that Freedom just got done with it's drydock.

3) Last but not least is Carnival Breeze out of FL (8 nights) to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk. This would be two new islands for me (St. Kitts, and Grand Turk) and Breeze does seem like a really great ship. I don't like that I would only be docked in San Juan from 7am to 2pm and this one too has 3 days at seas.

I have never had such a hard time deciding. They are all essentially the same price when I factor in airfare and everything so that's not much of a factor.

I'd really appreciate your opinions! Thanks :)

I would pick Carnival Breeze. Carnival ships have never impressed me with their odd decor, but there is an awesome Breeze review going on right now on the Carnival board and I have to say....I'm impressed!

2) Carnival Freedom out of FL (8 nights) to Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba, and Curacao. My thoughts on this one are that I haven't been to any of the ports which is a plus, but am not sure that 3 at sea days is the best itinerary for my friends first longer cruise. I do like that Freedom just got done with it's drydock.

Aruba & Curacao are great port stops so this would be our choice! :)

LuLu

I saw the same thing. The Breeze has gotten some really great reviews. If it didn't have by far the least attractive itinerary to me it would have been a no brainer, but the itinerary made it a much tougher choice.

I wish my schedule had more flexibility because the Breeze is doing the Aruba and Curacao itinerary this summer too, but the dates just don't work :(

Have done the 7 day out of Puerto Rico, for my 50th birthday, with a large group that included a bunch of first time cruisers. Everyone had a great time, fewest sea days, and the crew was a blast. Still one of my favorite cruises. Remember ALL ships look grand to new cruisers............:D:D:D:D