Sensitive Female Question

The shop has a little of everything....I wasn't sure for my first cruise so I took "note" of what they had just in case next time. Of course I wouldn't want to take that chance incase they ran out or something but pretty much they have all the necessities, but you will pay too much for it.

Everything in their shop is expensive. I forgot my deodorant and had to pay $7.00 for a bottle that I could have gotten in a dollar store.Crazy! So whatever you may need,try to bring your own or wait til you are in port somewhere.

Laura

I've learned to keep some in my suitcase at all times, usually in a baggy in a side pocket. Forgot my BC pills this past cruise and guess who came to visit out of cycle? I was glad I had those extras just in case.

I do know, in an emergency, at least on Princess ships, there are .25 machines in the ladies room for these kind of things. In fact, now that I think about it, it's probably cheaper to buy them one at a time than a box at the ship store.

I've learned to keep some in my suitcase at all times, usually in a baggy in a side pocket.

As a boy who grew up with six sisters, as man married to the same woman for 25 years, and as a father to two daugheters, I thought that was a given. ;)

A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up and down the aisles. The sales girl notices him and asks him if she can help him. He answers that he is looking for a box of tampons for his wife. She directs him down the correct aisle. A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls and a ball of string on the counter.

She says, confused, "Sir, I thought you were looking for some tampons for your wife?

He answers, " You see, it's like this, yesterday, I sent my wife to the store to get me a carton of cigarettes, and she came back with a tin of tobacco and some rolling papers; cause it's sooooooooooo much cheaper. So, I figure if I have to roll my own........ so does she.

Have a great day ladies. :D

Em, everything like that is so much higher on the ship!

I have a small cosmetics bag that I keep things in (all year round) to take whenever I travel. Things you may not ever use, but if you do they cost so much......Visine, Neosporin, panty liners, ear plugs, Imodium AD pills, bandaids, even SuperGlue. (Had to buy some at the gift shop once to fix my glasses - teeny tiny tube was $2.50!) So - I keep all kinds of small items in my 'permanent travel bag'.:D

If your cruise itinerary includes St. Thomas, there's a large drugstore in the mall next to where the ships dock. If you don't have a chance to go to the mall and are on excursion in Charlotte Amalie, you can go to a shop called "Mr. Tablecloth," located near where most of the tourist shops are (and usually included on the shopping map the cruise ship provides you). You wouldn't guess from looking at the window display of linenes, but at the very back of the store there's a drugstore.

I've learned to keep some in my suitcase at all times, usually in a baggy in a side pocket. Forgot my BC pills this past cruise and guess who came to visit out of cycle? I was glad I had those extras just in case.

I do know, in an emergency, at least on Princess ships, there are .25 machines in the ladies room for these kind of things. In fact, now that I think about it, it's probably cheaper to buy them one at a time than a box at the ship store.

On a side note hear, I've read where other women have forgotten their bc pills and were able to get some from the ship's doctor. Apparently, they stock all kinds.

We took our DDs (twins) and their best friends (also twins) on a cruise 2 years ago. Our girls had not started having monthly visits yet. But their best friends, who are 2 years older, had been having theirs for awhile. Before leaving, upon my suggestion, the girls stocked up and brought lots and lots of supplies with them. My hubby swore it looked like she had more than the drugstore. It was fortunate. With the exception of one of my daughters, every single female ended up having their period at some point during our vacation. My other daughter ended up starting hers a few months later while we were on a cruise without her. I swear it must be something about cruising. Incidentally, the friend that had packed the most supplies did not bring any with her, just in case, when we went on the Atlantis excursion. Of course, that's when she started and let me just say the Atlantis gift shop isn't cheap either.

Rccl Supplied Them In The Bathrooms Around The Ship. Not In The Staterooms Though. Just My 2cents.

On our last cruise, RCCL supplied pads, but no tampons. So if you prefer the latter, you'd probably be best off bringing your own.

On our last cruise DD got her monthly visit...late at night...She of course was not prepared...She sent her boyfriend, 21 and quite shy, to buy her some tampons, the store onboard wasnt open. He, in a panic, didnt want to go back to the cabin empty handed. He went to the desk and ask the person if there was anywhere on board where he could purchase them. They were all so impressed that he had the guts to ask, they all went into their bags and gave him some of theirs. That held he over until the next day.

Patty

On our last cruise DD got her monthly visit...late at night...She of course was not prepared...She sent her boyfriend, 21 and quite shy, to buy her some tampons, the store onboard wasnt open. He, in a panic, didnt want to go back to the cabin empty handed. He went to the desk and ask the person if there was anywhere on board where he could purchase them. They were all so impressed that he had the guts to ask, they all went into their bags and gave him some of theirs. That held he over until the next day.

Patty

Very sweet! My husband would probably throw a box of kleenex at me and run!

I would definately bring my own, I prefer a certain brand. Was in the Dominican this spring and lets just say the supplies available there were not of the same quality :rolleyes: And they didn't sell tampons at all.

A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up and down the aisles. The sales girl notices him and asks him if she can help him. He answers that he is looking for a box of tampons for his wife. She directs him down the correct aisle. A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls and a ball of string on the counter.

She says, confused, "Sir, I thought you were looking for some tampons for your wife?

He answers, " You see, it's like this, yesterday, I sent my wife to the store to get me a carton of cigarettes, and she came back with a tin of tobacco and some rolling papers; cause it's sooooooooooo much cheaper. So, I figure if I have to roll my own........ so does she.

Have a great day ladies. :D

Too funny . . . . :D

OK, A man walks into the drugstore and finds the box of Tampax for his wife. He's so embarrassed, he buys lots of other things to "hide it" in the shopping cart. He gets up to the check-out counter and the worst possible happens, there is no price sticker. So, the cashier gets on the loud speaker, which is full of static, and yells "price check on Tampax". The clerk in back, thinking she had asked about thumb tacks, comes back on the loudspeaker and yells "the kind you hammer in, or push in with your thumb?":D :D :D My DH became a DH because he would go to the drugstore for me in a crises.

Archived