Payment for Choice Air?

First time thinking of Choice Air.

We have a cruise booked for Dec 26, 2015 with the Sale Second person 1/2 price. I am Platinum.

Since air fare won't be out until Jan 2015, I was thinking of booking Choice Air to hold seats when they are released. My daughters won't know about their vacations until much later.

When you book Choice Air --

1) do you book and pay at the time of booking? Or pay at final payment?

2) if the prices decrease can I rebook or change the Choice Air booking?

3) can I cancel Choice Air at any time?

4) I think there is a charge and being Platinum that is waived?

There is a non-refundable basic Choice Air fee of $15pp for domestic flights and $25pp for international flights. There is an additional fee for a service called Choice Air Plus that is waived for Platinum and above. Choice Air Plus is some extra level of service that I'm not familiar with.

Choice Air used to have a payment method called Flex that allowed you to book now (paying the basic fee) and pay the balance of the airfare at cruise final payment. Flex is now gone, being quietly removed at least few months ago. Now you pay full price when you book the flights.

You have two choices of fare types: refundable or non-refundable. You can cancel refundable anytime, and receive a refund of all but the basic Choice Air fee. Cancelling non-refundable will result in losing all or part of the flight cost, depending on the specific flights.

I don't know how they handle airfare price drops.

Edited by clarea