Cirque de Soleil on the Breakaway

Good morning!

Just making our final payments for our August 10 cruise on the Breakaway, and I'm wondering if anyone has information on the Cirque de Soleil show in the Spiegel tent. Two quick questions:

1) Is dinner included with the show, or is the upcharge just for the show? Does anyone happen to have the dinner menu if indeed dinner is included?

2) We are a group of 9 with four teenage boys. Is the show similar to other Cirque performances we've seen on land? Just trying to decide if we should make this an "adult" night or whether the kids would truly enjoy it.

Sorry - that was three questions! Thanks so much for your input! :-)

Just a point. It is not Cirque de Soleil, but we found it to be very good on the Epic. The acrobats are very talented.

The upcharge includes dinner and show. I was not overly impressed with the meal.

I would think your boys would enjoy it.

Good morning!

Just making our final payments for our August 10 cruise on the Breakaway, and I'm wondering if anyone has information on the Cirque de Soleil show in the Spiegel tent. Two quick questions:

1) Is dinner included with the show, or is the upcharge just for the show? Does anyone happen to have the dinner menu if indeed dinner is included?

2) We are a group of 9 with four teenage boys. Is the show similar to other Cirque performances we've seen on land? Just trying to decide if we should make this an "adult" night or whether the kids would truly enjoy it.

Sorry - that was three questions! Thanks so much for your input! :-)

Hi,

It is NOT a Cirque du Soleil production.

Question 1 : Yes included. 3 course meal with a steak that I found to be excellent.

Question 2 : We ( 23 and 42 ) found it very good. We found the music to be a little "childish"... it's hard to put it into words...it was not too childish but more like "happy, smiley" music...not intense, high emotions kind of music you could hear in a Cirque du Soleil performance.

There is a small center stage and many different performances on it. I really think the whole family would really enjoy...even some scary moments like the roller skate performance...:eek: and amazing costume change in a blink of an eye :D.

I recommend it :D

25% off on first night ( embarkation night ) for the 2 available shows. That's what we did. We did the early show and the tent was filled about 2/3 of it's capacity.

Have fun !

Just a point. It is not Cirque de Soleil, but we found it to be very good on the Epic. The acrobats are very talented.

The upcharge includes dinner and show. I was not overly impressed with the meal.

I would think your boys would enjoy it.

I think it must have some affiliation - since it's called the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy.

Here is the link to entertainment onthe Breakaway -

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/onboard/entertainment#tab_detail

I think it must have some affiliation - since it's called the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy.

Absolutely not. In fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Productions

Cirque du Soleil filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against them and others in the late 90s over the use of the word cirque ('circus' in French). After a six-year battle, Cirque Dreams along with others who used the name cirque were successful in defeating the lawsuit.

I believe there have been other groups trying to benefit by the popularity of Cirque du Soleil by using the common word Cirque in their marketing or name. It's misleading and certainly can be damaging to the Cirque du Soleil brand if people truly think it is the same company, which is why they sued. Unfortunately for them, the name cirque is a common word and can be used by anyone. I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

Sent from my iPad

Absolutely not. In fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Productions

I believe there have been other groups trying to benefit by the popularity of Cirque du Soleil by using the common word Cirque in their marketing or name. It's misleading and certainly can be damaging to the Cirque du Soleil brand if people truly think it is the same company, which is why they sued. Unfortunately for them, the name cirque is a common word and can be used by anyone. I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

Sent from my iPad

Hmm...who knew! Thanks for setting me straight :o

Edited by happy cruzin

Agree that these are very different. I've seen Mystere, O, Ka, Love and Zumanity in Vegas as well as a couple touring shows, and they are spectacular. The Cirque show on the Epic was a wonderful small venue show, but clearly a different animal (don't get me wrong, it was worth the money)

Someone was talking about the small circular stage, the quick change artist and the guys that balanced on the rollers.... that's what they had on the Epic. Is the Jungle Fantasy on the BA the same?

Thanks for the great info. I think we'll go ahead and book it. Regardless of whether or not the show is affiliated with the real Cirque de Soleil, it sounds like it will be a great night for the whole group. Thanks also for the info on the embarkation special. Happy cruising! :)

Yes. It sounds very much the same. We also saw Cirque Dreams-Jungle Fantasy the first night - at the early show. We had booked prior the cruise. Just in case you have a question about that, we had to pay the full price when we booked it, but our onboard account was credited with the full price and then the reduced price was charged after we attended.

Yes. It sounds very much the same. We also saw Cirque Dreams-Jungle Fantasy the first night - at the early show. We had booked prior the cruise. Just in case you have a question about that, we had to pay the full price when we booked it, but our onboard account was credited with the full price and then the reduced price was charged after we attended.

where does the jungle fantasy part come in? On the Epic the story revolved around the creation of a stage production, and the acts were auditioning (or something like that). There were tightrope walkers, quick change, three guys doing strength balancing, a hula hoop lady, a juggler, a chair balancing guy and others.

533-vi.jpg

537-vi.jpg

548-vi.jpg

I recommend it :D

25% off on first night ( embarkation night ) for the 2 available shows. That's what we did. We did the early show and the tent was filled about 2/3 of it's capacity.

Have fun !

Do you know if the 25% off will be reflected if I pre-book the first night online?

Thanks!

Christina

If you prebook the first night, you will be charged the full amount. That said, they will credit you and re-charge the lower price once you are on board.

The BA Cirque is more animal-based. Starts with a guy coming in dressed in safari clothes, and many of the characters are dressed as animals, at least they are at certain times. Many of the acts, though, are the same.

The BA Cirque is more animal-based. Starts with a guy coming in dressed in safari clothes, and many of the characters are dressed as animals, at least they are at certain times. Many of the acts, though, are the same.

Thanks for that info

where does the jungle fantasy part come in? On the Epic the story revolved around the creation of a stage production, and the acts were auditioning (or something like that). There were tightrope walkers, quick change, three guys doing strength balancing, a hula hoop lady, a juggler, a chair balancing guy and others.

There are animal characters walking around the tent, entertaining the crowd between act change on stage, walking between tables and even trying to startle people by coming up to them from behind...all in fun of course :D

Some costumes are really great :eek:

It is a very entertaining show !

LOL Sdmike!

️ You know you're a cruise addict:

If you know what DOtD and OBC mean.

If you enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

If you are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!)

I actually didn't pre-book Cirque as I thought it would be uninteresting in that venue. But so glad we did. It was part of the UDP but we were thoroughly entertained and amazed. The food was decent, if not a bit distracting. Get there early to obtain best seating.

I actually didn't pre-book Cirque as I thought it would be uninteresting in that venue. But so glad we did. It was part of the UDP but we were thoroughly entertained and amazed. The food was decent, if not a bit distracting. Get there early to obtain best seating.

How early would you say to get there? I would like my 7 yr old granddaughter to be able to get an unobstructed view.

Thanks!

Christina

️ You know you're a cruise addict:

If you know what DOtD and OBC mean.

If you enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

If you are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!)