Car rental ibiza and palma de mallorca

This was back in 2005, but we rented a car from Europcar. When we walked out of the port, we saw a kiosk that said "Avis" so you might want to see if Avis rents cars from the port. However, I don't remember anyone in there, so perhaps they were just advertising or something. In any case, we had intended to take a cab to Europcar's location along the waterfront, but the cab drivers kept telling up it was "not too far" and that we could just walk. I think they were holding out for people who wanted tours by a cab. It ended up being quite a walk (certainly more than 10 minutes, but I don't really remember, except that we were both tired when we finally got there). I hadn't researched public buses back then, so we were kind of stuck walking.

We are going back to Palma this summer and may rent a car again. Here is info I've compiled on a bus that runs along the waterfront just in case you need it. Hopefully you won't be in Palma on a Sunday, however, as things may be slower or non existent on that day, although probably not - Palma is a big tourism spot! Another thing to keep in mind that there are two docking locations in Palma, although it looks like most ships go to the more eastern dock, so it's best if you figure out where you're supposed to dock and look at how you'll get there if a cab won't take you. Anyway, here's the info I have compiled this year. Maybe there's something in all this gobble d gook that you can use!

Right opposite cruise & ferry terminal (Estacio Maritima) exit is stop 9 for bus 1 (make sure not Express) which takes you in 10 minutes to Plaça d'Espanya (for train to Soller) in city center for €3. Bus runs every 15 minutes. Looks on GE to be pretty easy to find it, with bench & bus stop sign & people. Looks like bus stop is also where HOHOs come; very close to dock, but might not actually be on Gabriel Roca (not sure). GE shows EMT bus 1 right outside Estacio Maritimo No. 2. If you are docked at far dock (by fort at Porto Pi lighthouse, the bus goes near that dock location as well (see below).

For Avis, you want to get off at “Auditorium” (rather boxy bldg.) by Taste of India & Kontiki (MallorcaNautic right before, plus restaurant on little piece of land jutting out amidst long marina on your right). (Only maybe 4 stops? Show bus driver “Auditorium?”) Numbers on Roca go down as you head toward town. If docked at fort at Porto Pi, take bus 1 at Dic de l'Oest bus stop opposite fort. See emtpalma.es for schedules & where bus comes. This link shows which buses pass which attractions: http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/puntointeres.ct.svr?accion=puntosAsociadosALinea&clave_linea=1&numero=15&reg_inicio=1. Car rental: Holiday Car Rental: https://book.holidayautos.com Rent small car for $109 or $132 incl. tax & unlimited miles but no insurance or 2nd driver & if cancel, must do so within 48 hrs. of booking. Is at Gabriel Roca 16, fairly close to port; looks to be Avis. Also is location at “Playa de Palma.” Other airport rentals: Be wary of OK Rentals & Go Rentals but Terry’s is good. Bus 1 goes to airport in 36m. There’s Sixt (book far ahead). Auto Europe, searchable through Kayak, has car for $60 at airport.

Edited by roothy123

It ended up being quite a walk (certainly more than 10 minutes, but I don't really remember, except that we were both tired when we finally got there).

From adress "Avinguda Gabriel Roca, 44E" which is outside the main cruiseterminal where most ships dock it is a 13 minute walk (Google Maps) to Goldcar Rental (https://www.goldcar.es/en/) at "Avenida 'Ingeniero Gabriel Roca', 29".

The auditorium part of the boulevard is indeed a bit further, Google Maps said a 23 minutes walk. Along the way you will probably pass some smaller rental companies which are worth a try as they have to compete the big brands, also good to avoid long lines at Hertz/Avis of people who alienate the big unknown world. :)

It is a enjoyable walk on a pavement along yachts, palmtrees, a main road and the boulevard on the other side with small restaurants and some hotels.