cabin ammenities?

adbnva

what amenities are in cabin? shampoo, conditioner, lotion, robes, hair dryers?

Shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Sometimes a trial size lotion, sometimes not. On the Pride at least we always had robes (premium balcony) and hair dryer.

There is a combination shampoo/conditioner in the dispenser in the shower with a dispenser with body wash in it. They have a smell like Lemongrass to me. I was glad I brought my own body wash as I couldn't really get the one provided to lather up.

If you are picky about your shampoo or need an additional conditioner you might want to bring your own supply. There is a small hair dryer in most of the rooms, in a drawer in the desk/vanity area. It is more like a travel hair dryer, not a lot of power. There should be robes in your cabin closet - they normally provide 2 in each.

Edited by Mysticks1

Shampoo and body wash aren't the greatest. I know there are robes in balcony cabins, not sure if available for other cabins. The hair dryer is very weak and never saw lotion. The little sample packets were toothpaste and breathe right strips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is a combination shampoo/conditioner in the dispenser in the shower with a dispenser with body wash in it. They have a smell like Lemongrass to me. I was glad I brought my own body wash as I couldn't really get the one provided to lather up.

If you are picky about your shampoo or need an additional conditioner you might want to bring your own supply. There is a small hair dryer in most of the rooms, in a drawer in the desk/vanity area. It is more like a travel hair dryer, not a lot of power. There should be robes in your cabin closet - they normally provide 2 in each.

Correction: the shampoo that Carnival provides does not have conditioner in it.

There is also a basket in the bathroom with random trial size stuff, but nothing regular enough to count on.... usually nose strips, maybe some toothpaste.

Most ships have a hair dryer, and there will be robes in your cabin to use for the cruise, $50 if you want to buy one to take home.

Edited by CoconutJD

Shampoo and shower gels in large dispensers in the shower. Robes in every cabin I've been in. Usually there are freebies in your bathroom-we have seen razors, antacids, etc. It has varied widely depending on the ship.

There is a shampoo and body wash dispenser. I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I HAVE to have conditioner for this frizzy hair. In all my times cruising I have never had a hair dryer in cabin. I have always had to bring my own. My amenity basket on my May cruise was itty bitty. Only had the bar of soap labeled "soap" and a tube of toothpaste. There were robes in the closet.

There is also a basket in the bathroom with random trial size stuff, but nothing regular enough to count on.... usually nose strips, maybe some toothpaste.

Most ships have a hair dryer, and there will be robes in your cabin to use for the cruise, $50 if you want to buy one to take home.

Where is that information located? I know that I the past it did have conditioner in it.

Hey Coconut, how do you know for sure that the shampoo doesn't have conditioner in it? Not trying to beat you up here just curious. This topic is of major concern for some folks it seems.

Also, when we have booked balcony cabins we got the basket of freebies but last year we were in an OV and got nothing. :confused: Maybe they don't put them in every room. I don't know.

Hey Coconut, how do you know for sure that the shampoo doesn't have conditioner in it? Not trying to beat you up here just curious. This topic is of major concern for some folks it seems.

Also, when we have booked balcony cabins we got the basket of freebies but last year we were in an OV and got nothing. :confused: Maybe they don't put them in every room. I don't know.

I noticed one of the bottles the steward was using for refilling it... it was just labeled "shampoo". And just from experience, it didn't condition my hair. (I have pretty coarse, wavy hair for a guy, and can usually tell.) I'm not absolutely certain it's without conditioner, but I'm probably 98% sure.

I noticed one of the bottles the steward was using for refilling it... it was just labeled "shampoo". And just from experience, it didn't condition my hair. (I have pretty coarse, wavy hair for a guy, and can usually tell.) I'm not absolutely certain it's without conditioner, but I'm probably 98% sure.

Um... well that would tell the tale I guess. I'm quite sure though it is not a quality product. Still, I don't care rofl. I read somewhere a few years ago that most of the shampoo products on the market have molecules to large to penetrate the hair itself. They are just expensive wax. :eek: