Pool in Alaska

lizinindy

Leaving on the Crown Princess next month for the southbound Alaska itinerary. Will I be able to swim in any of the pools. I know the Crown doesn't have a retractable roof but maybe the pools will be heated enough to get in a few laps? Also, is there anyplace on board with a scale to keep track of all the pounds I'll be gaining...er....NOT gaining since I'll be swimming...a lot...I hope!

(Just finished reading the food thread....my "no weight gain" prospects look dismal!)

I have been on two Alaskan cruises in August. On both cruises there were times when it was warm enough to use the pools when we were in a port. Just don't count on it when the ship is cruising near the glaciers. We needed coats, caps and gloves then.

The scales in the gym work while the ship is docked. They don't give an accurate weight sometimes if the ship is moving.

One of my favorite memories from our first Alaskan cruise was watching the beautiful sunset in Skagway from the hot tubs at the back of the ship. The light kept shifting colors as it reflected off the mountain glaciers.

The pools were plenty warm on the Coral Princess when we were in Alaska. Even when the weather was cold and drizzly, we were warm in the pools. My kids swam in the pool when the ship was in Glacier Bay. They now have a joke that they were swimming in Glacier Bay. :)