LMT club to book hotel stay

mephistoles

I've been looking to use LMT since my last cruise last summer. I have been searching around for rooms at Orlando Airport at a pretty decent hotel with breakfast and airport shuttle thats close to dining. I found several around the airport, some with good ratings and some not, and decided we would stay either at Country Inn and Suites or Ramada Suites which was around the same price of $80-$90 before taxes and fees. LMT sent me an email with the current price of $52.00 for Country Inn and Suites, which is $10.00 less than their usually price, and $20.00 than booking on the hotels websites. The LMT Travel Club popup/banner advertisement came appeared during the checkout page with a price of $49.00, which was then changed to $0.00 with a special coupon code for a year free (I guess I'll have to watch the date, or cancel before the years up to make sure I don't get hit with the $49.00). The final price for two rooms was $123 ($61.00 each), which is a great deal considering I was willing to do $100 each room. As a note to those who like to get as much expenses paid beforehand, when booking directly with the Country Inn and Suites, although they offer a nonrefundable, pay now/pay in advance rate, the hotel clerk informed me that they don't charge your card until 24 hours before check in.

. The LMT Travel Club popup/banner advertisement came appeared during the checkout page with a price of $49.00, which was then changed to $0.00 with a special coupon code for a year free (I guess I'll have to watch the date, or cancel before the years up to make sure I don't get hit with the $49.00)..

I have had my club membership for a year and three quarters. I did nothing to renew it.

And no they cannot automatically charge you for another year unless you give them credit card info and authorization. So don't worry about that.

I tried to join but they want $49. How do you all get the membership for free?

I haven't tried it because I already have a member ship but try the promo code "CLUBINSIDER167."

I've been a member since August 5, 2012 and have done nothing to renew since then.

I haven't tried it because I already have a member ship but try the promo code "CLUBINSIDER167."

I've been a member since August 5, 2012 and have done nothing to renew since then.

Thanks aurelius 180, it worked. They didn't have anything of interest to us for our next trip, but I'm sure I will use them in the future.

lastminutetravel.com will probably lead you to joining LMTClub.com. It is a free club that will show all the hotels and generally runs 5-10$ less than the general lastminutetravel.com site. No obligations once joining.

I use it in comparisons. SOMETIMES I do find rates lower elsewhere. So do the shopping.

I went to Lmtclub.com and it required a fee to join

Go to their home page...lastminutetravel.com That's their general travel site. And somewhere there a pop up or banner will show up advertising the club. Or join and use the discount code mentioned above.

If you call the regular number, and speak to the them they will give the code for the club if you aren't able to make a booking. I have used their service and it has worked. However, when I checked in, there was a little bit of a hiccup about wether I prepaid thru them and the hotel wanted payment. One quick phone call and the issue was resolved quickly!!

Angie :)

Edited by acrn

However, when I checked in, there was a little bit of a hiccup about wether I prepaid thru them and the hotel wanted payment. One quick phone call and the issue was resolved quickly!!

Angie :)

Glad they resolved quickly. What I do is bring a copy of email reservation and copy of credit card statement showing payment. Never have had to use it, but I guess I just like to be prepared;)

Wieslaw - if you booked your hotel a month ago it should be in their system by now. I would call LMT again to confirm their booking and cancellation terms. It is usually 3 days prior to check in but sometimes not. Did LMT email you a confirmation of your booking?

We just booked a LMT pre-cruise hotel for end of March and I waited about a week and called the booked hotel to confirm our reservation, it was there. I looked up the local phone number for the hotel (ours was in FLL) and called that as it will connect you directly to the hotel and not the 800# reservation system. I tried the 800# and they didn't have our reservation but when I called local # it was there. If you are thinking of cancelling your LMT booking I would change it ASAP because Dec. is busy in FL and you may not find a hotel at the same rate you have now. I think that I would also make your 2nd reservation first to make sure you get that hotel and then cancel your 1st booking. JMO.....

I luv LMT, easy to book with and customer service is great as well. :)

Wieslaw - if you booked your hotel a month ago it should be in their system by now. I would call LMT again to confirm their booking and cancellation terms. It is usually 3 days prior to check in but sometimes not. Did LMT email you a confirmation of your booking? .........

Hi, thank you for your suggestions - I just called the hotel again on their direct / local number ...... and I am not in their system according to the 'desk /reception' person.

I did get confirmation /travel order summary from lmt when I was making the reservation back in may.

I just called lmt and asked for some explanation - they checked and explained that perhaps the person in the hotel reservation system did not put the information about my reservation in the systen that the check-in desk uses.

LMT will check what happened and will let me know. I was assured that my reservation is made and confirmed.

If you are thinking of cancelling your LMT booking I would change it ASAP because Dec. is busy in FL and you may not find a hotel at the same rate you have now. I think that I would also make your 2nd reservation first to make sure you get that hotel and then cancel your 1st booking. JMO.....

I luv LMT, easy to book with and customer service is great as well. :)

I might make another reservation for a different hotel just in case if the comments / reviews of Chase Suites won't improve.

There are comments that people love it ..... and some that they hate it.

I will monitor what the majority experience there and are willing to write about it.

Edited by wieslaw

Hi wieslaw,

Glad you called LMT about the booking and they will check on it. I think that there should definitely be your booking in the system by now. If you know your cancellation terms then you can make the 2nd hotel reservation if it makes you feel more comfortable. I usually take reviews w/ a grain of salt as everyone has different tastes, etc. If the majority of comments about a hotel are negative I have looked for another hotel as more negatives than positives make me uncomfortable. If it's only for one night and price is good, then you could probably live with it.

LMT club prices can change in the blink of an eye! LOL Before I booked the Las Olas hotel I was comparison shopping in the FLL area and prices would change every time I logged onto the website. I have also found that the price can increase the closer you get to your travel date. I do my homework and if I find a good deal on LMT I book it. Period......

I just looked at the reviews of the Chase Suites you have booked. I agree that they are mixed, some good and some not so good. To me if the room is clean, then that makes me happy for one night stays. I have found that a lot of the hotels (chains included) in FL are old and well used. We just did a month long road trip to FL and stayed at a lot of hotels along the way. We prefer Hampton Inns and Fairfield Inns because the amenities are usually quite nice, free breakfast, etc. However, this was not always the case when we checked in. Some of the hotels were old and not state of the art for the chain but rooms were clean so that was acceptable to us. Other times we stayed in brand new chain hotels for same price we paid for the older ones.

I think that if it were my choice and based upon the negative reviews, I would continue searching for another hotel that gets better reviews. JMO..... You can then cancel your first booking. Good luck.

Do you have to pay upfront for the LMT Club reservations or do they charge you at checkout?

Yes, you pay upfront but you are able to cancel and get your money back as long as it is before 3 days prior to arrival.

Do you have to pay upfront for the LMT Club reservations or do they charge you at checkout?

You do have to pay upfront at booking but we had to cancel on 2 different occasions and had no problem. Refund showed on credit card within 2-3 days.

You do have to pay upfront at booking but we had to cancel on 2 different occasions and had no problem. Refund showed on credit card within 2-3 days.

Same here. I cancelled online on a Saturday last week and it showed up on me credit card on Tuesday. Very easy.

• 1 month later...

We are booked on Carnival Freedom Sept. 6 out of Ft. Lauderdale and usually fly down a few days early. We have stayed at most of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and usually use Priceline or Hotwire. This year we wanted to make sure that we got the Gallery One and after reading all of the comments here about Last Minute Travel Club decided to use them. We got the Gallery One for 81.70 per night for 3 nights for total of 245.10 plus tax and fees of 36.42 for total of 281.52. Might have done better with Priceline but wanted to be sure of the hotel and didnt want to take a chance on getting the Ocean Sky or others. They also had the Hilton Marina for 81.00, Hyatt Pier 66 96.95 and Best Western Oceanside for 74.42.

We are booked on Carnival Freedom Sept. 6 out of Ft. Lauderdale and usually fly down a few days early. We have stayed at most of the hotels in Ft. Lauderdale and usually use Priceline or Hotwire. This year we wanted to make sure that we got the Gallery One and after reading all of the comments here about Last Minute Travel Club decided to use them. We got the Gallery One for 81.70 per night for 3 nights for total of 245.10 plus tax and fees of 36.42 for total of 281.52. Might have done better with Priceline but wanted to be sure of the hotel and didnt want to take a chance on getting the Ocean Sky or others. They also had the Hilton Marina for 81.00, Hyatt Pier 66 96.95 and Best Western Oceanside for 74.42.

Nice deal with the Gallery One. Enjoy!

I booked LMT the end of May for two rooms at a great price. The beginning of July I needed to add another room, and although the rates had gone up slightly at the hotel, LMT gave me the new room at the same price.:)