Carnival Miracle... Is she keeping up with the (reduced) schedule?

How's she doing? Making her (now reduced) schedule on time or delayed/missed ports?

I'm on one of the itineraries later this year that was supposedly "not impacted"... just wondering what the odds are of that. Thanks!

(EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add, Alaska itineraries please)

Edited by spongenotbob

Wow, that's gotta hurt Carnival's bottom line. Isn't Victoria the only Canadian port? If so, that means Carnival is violating the PVSA, and is paying the fine for every passenger onboard. Ouch.

I read they made a technical stop so they did not violate the Jones Act. No passengers were allowed to get off and some crew member took the papers in. I don't remember if the ship actually docked or if they just took a small boat in. Someone on the cruise could tell you.

I read they made a technical stop so they did not violate the Jones Act. No passengers were allowed to get off and some crew member took the papers in. I don't remember if the ship actually docked or if they just took a small boat in. Someone on the cruise could tell you.

PVSA, not the Jones Act. That's the same kind of "virtual" port call that the West Coast to Hawaii ships were using about 5 years ago in Ensenada, and resulted in CBP ruling that it violated the intent of the law, if not the letter, and therefore would not be permitted. I guess we'll see next quarter when there is a line item for this on Carnival's balance sheet, because if it is not allowed, they've racked up $2.5 million plus already.

For the Mexican Riviera cruises, they quietly changed our arrival time in the first port. We now arrive an hour and a half after we were scheduled to arrive, but leave LA at the same time. They included it with the new itinerary, but didn't mention it at all. They only mentioned the addition of Mazatlan instead of a second day in Cabo.