First time on HAL - Mariner Lunch?

ccqueenanne

I've read here that even if it is your first time on HAL, you may have access to the Mariner Lunch on embarkation day for past travel on sister lines. I've sailed on Cunard, though am not sure how HAL would know that as when asked if I was a past passenger, I assumed they meant on HAL, and I said no and was assigned a Mariner number. Would we be able to join this lunch, and how would they know to let us in? Would prefer this over the Lido as I'm traveling with mother who'll find full service much easier to manage. Thanks!

We have yet to make it to the lunch on embarkation day. I am not sure if you will be able to access it though. Also there is a special Mariners lunch during the cruise which you will likely not be able to access until you have one cruise on HAL under your belt.

Maybe try calling guest services to ask?

Your TA should mention to HAL that you have sailed on Cunard -- this automatically makes you a 1 Star Mariner.

Some ships have so many Star Mariners that they limit the number of people who can eat in the main dining room on Embarkation day -- usually to 4 and 5 Star Mariners.

Being as you have sailed on Cunard, you are supposed to be invited to the Mariner brunch held later in the cruise. You can ask at the front desk about this once on the ship.

If your OnLine CheckIn page and your MyAccount/MyReservations page do not show you as a 1-star Mariner ( 1starMariner.gif ), send an email to the Mariner Society giving them as much info as possible about your Cunard cruise. If they can verify it, your key-card will be marked with a 1-star symbol. Even though Mom is not a 1-star she will be allowed to accompany you.

Edited by jtl513

I simply sent an email with my carnival guest number and asked to have my status changed to one star. It was done in less than 24 hours.
Great that you had that, but the OP may have been on Cunard long ago and not even have exact dates ... which is why I said "as much info as possible".

Great that you had that, but the OP may have been on Cunard long ago and not even have exact dates ... which is why I said "as much info as possible".

I assume that Cunard can look up past numbers just like I did on the carnival website. HAL couldn't find it, but I did on a manual search with my maiden name.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just curious. (First time on HAL). So with one star we can go to the Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm). Our ship doesn't leave till 4. So what time are we able to get on the ship to be able to go to lunch at 12?? We land before 10 am so just curious :)

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful answers! My Mariner status does show that star symbol with the asterisk atop it, so I guess they could see my Cunard history. I can always pop down to the MDR to check access before having mom make the trek.

She reminds me daily that we are going to Alaska - I think she is excited!