Drinks question

quinney84

Off on our first cruise with celebrity to Alaska a bit confused with all the packages what drink is actually included with the price besides tea and coffee it just says selected soft drinks what are these .is the water from the taps ok to drink and my husband and I are not big drinkers just a bottle of wine with our meal at night any ideas what a average bottle costs just to buy at dinner.

Thanks for your replies

Ignore the packages unless you know you will use them.

There is inclusive tea, coffee, hot choc sachets, iced water, iced tea, juices at breakfast in the buffet and a couple of other places around the ship.

Often some soft drinks like a fruity cocktail from the dispensers.

Water from the taps is OK for most people.

With all meals you will be offered free iced water, which also available at all bars.

A bottle of wine will start at around $30 (+15% service charge).

Edited by helpthejuggler

Included: Regular coffee, tea, milk, tap water, fruit juices from the buffet and regular juice in the main dining room.

Not Included: ALL soft drinks, alcohol of any kind, specialty coffee (latte and espresso), fresh squeezed juices, alcohol free foo-foo drinks (non-alcohol pina coladas), bottled water and juices ordered in any bar or lounge.

Note: Not all hot chocolate drinks are included. The ones you get in Cafe al Bachio are extra cost.

Edited by cruisead

Off on our first cruise with celebrity to Alaska a bit confused with all the packages what drink is actually included with the price besides tea and coffee it just says selected soft drinks what are these .is the water from the taps ok to drink and my husband and I are not big drinkers just a bottle of wine with our meal at night any ideas what a average bottle costs just to buy at dinner.

Thanks for your replies

Watermaking on ships is unparalleled. Probably far better than many bottled waters. I have to chuckle at folks who being a case of bottled water with them.

As for wine, nothing is worse than cheap wine. $30 for a bottle in a restaurant pretty much assures that you are not going to experience even a mediocre example of any decent varietal (at least from California). It's a vacation. Splurge on wine and save by drinking tap water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Included drinks also are ice tea and lemonade. We took a vacation from carbonated drinks on our 10 day sailing in March (our first). Enjoy your first cruise. Our first one was in March & we really enjoyed it. I loved it so much I am going again in October & hopefully (if I can talk DH into it) next May.

Even the lowest priced bottles are nice. If I get a $30 bottle that is not good I complain and get it switched. Only once has this happened with Celebrity....a bad bottle. The replacement was good.

The list will allow you to pay much more. My test is.... If a list cannot provide a nice choice of entry level wine how can I trust them to select a more costly bottle for the list. Spending a little more can pay off but the return quickly diminishes.

Our choice is normally in the $36-45 range. If that means I ignore California...oh well.

Other regions can satisfy at least equally.

I drink white wine and the range is $24+. I think the cheapest is a Woodbridge chardonnay. I like Sav Blanc and can get it either for $28 or 32 depending on brand. Don't forget that you are allowed to bring on one bottle per person, so avail yourself of that benefit. On Princess you can bring on more than one by paying a $15 corkage fee. The price of your wine plus the $15 is still probably a better deal than what you can buy on the ship. I'm not sure about Celebrity's policy.

We also bring Propel and Crystal light packets to add to tap water for something different. :)

The wines that you pay $26-35 for on the ship can be had at your local stores for $8-15...wine on ships is sooooo overpriced!

I stick to cocktails or beer....you just get more "bang" for your buck!

...is the water from the taps ok to drink...

The tap water onboard ship is probably better than what one gets at home or can buy bottled. It's desalinated and purified to a fare-thee-well.