Royal Disappointment on Explorer

Thank you for posting the reply you received from RCI. I will be sailing on the Explorer in a few weeks and I have been following this thread.

I would not be happy to have stains of any kind on my sheets. I am glad that RCI appears to be taking you seriously and I hope that these problems are resolved.

You're very welcome Nyer. I wish you the best possible cruise and the cleanest possible sheets.:)

Interesting that you found the same situation on Freedom and that your assessment dovetails with mine. Again, I hope Royal takes you seriously also.

I emailed my letter Monday the 16th. Will let you know what develops.

Tim

Have a GREAT cruise but, if you are gonna report back anything other than everbody was pooping through silk, be ready for the torches and pitchfork crowd represented by this:

There are a bunch of them out there. Fortunately, I was too stupid (or was it self important?? Hmmmm) to keep quiet.

Cruisin' welcome back, I've missed you. I am truly sorry you don't consider yourself important but maybe we can meet someday and you can prove yourself correct. :D

Pro-tip: self importance is different than considering oneself to be, in general, important. As a "businessman" I would think you'd have enough education to know that.

Funny that you think I was part of the "torch and pitchfork" club. In reality, your pompous attitude is what got my attention. You could have gotten just as far with a little humility but you felt the need to put everyone in their place by pointing out how special and awesome and super duper amazing you are as a businessman. And that puts your entire motive into question for me. Again, never doubted what you said nor did I ever say it shouldn't be addressed. I only doubt you and your motives, as I suspect more than a few others do.

I emailed my letter Monday the 16th. Will let you know what develops.

Tim

Wow, a self quote. :)

I received a "thank you and we will check on this email today." Shocked at the quick response and no, it was not an autoresponse email.

I really appreciate their quick response and look forward to a satisfactory ending.

Tim

Wow, a self quote. :)

I received a "thank you and we will check on this email today." Shocked at the quick response and no, it was not an autoresponse email.

I really appreciate their quick response and look forward to a satisfactory ending.

Tim

Terrific. Please let us know what happened. Between you and me this is an encouraging response.

Pro-tip: self importance is different than considering oneself to be, in general, important. As a "businessman" I would think you'd have enough education to know that.

Funny that you think I was part of the "torch and pitchfork" club. In reality, your pompous attitude is what got my attention. You could have gotten just as far with a little humility but you felt the need to put everyone in their place by pointing out how special and awesome and super duper amazing you are as a businessman. And that puts your entire motive into question for me. Again, never doubted what you said nor did I ever say it shouldn't be addressed. I only doubt you and your motives, as I suspect more than a few others do.

A false humility is the worst kind of conceit.

Terrific. Please let us know what happened. Between you and me this is an encouraging response.

I was originally planning on posting my letter HOWEVER it was 4 pages long and really, don't want to blast RCCL as I know, after 23 cruises with them, this was not the norm.

I would send you a copy if you will email me. Addy below in sig.

Tim

A bit late in posting but received a phone call from RCCL this morning at 10:00am cst. Received a verbal apology, was informed measures have been taken on the ship, and offered and accepted an act of kindness from RCCL for our problems.

I am very impressed with the speed and professional way in which this situation was handled by RCCL. Service was the issue with us too and I feel the way Miami handled the problem was top notch. Prior customer service on the ship as well as their customer service in handling the problem in Miami will keep me a loyal customer. Now, if customer service is lacking on our next cruise vacation with RCCL, my loyalty will probably change. Don't think that will happen.

THANKS RCCL and we will be sailing again in May, 2015. :)

Tim

A bit late in posting but received a phone call from RCCL this morning at 10:00am cst. Received a verbal apology, was informed measures have been taken on the ship, and offered and accepted an act of kindness from RCCL for our problems.

I am very impressed with the speed and professional way in which this situation was handled by RCCL. Service was the issue with us too and I feel the way Miami handled the problem was top notch. Prior customer service on the ship as well as their customer service in handling the problem in Miami will keep me a loyal customer. Now, if customer service is lacking on our next cruise vacation with RCCL, my loyalty will probably change. Don't think that will happen.

Tim

Great! It is good to hear that Miami took care of you.

Tim

EXCELLENT. That's a good result. We booked for May, 2015 also.