Open cruise purchased on board

103brandy

I bought an open cruise credit on our last Celebrity cruise. I placed it with my regular TA. I am not happy with their service. On two occasions they have not replied to my enquiries.

Is it possible to transfer it to another TA and make future bookings with them?

From the Celebrity web site:

How can I transfer my direct booking to a travel agent?

Bookings may only be transferred to a travel agent up to 60 days from their creation. The request must be made outside of your final payment so the booking is not paid in full.

Bookings with ChoiceAir may be transferred as long as the transfer request does not involve a change in currency.

If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax at 1-305-603-0036.

Celebrity Booking Transfer Form: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/faq/2010_CelebrityBookingTransferForm.pdf

Hope this helps!

As I understand it, the quoted reference refers to moving a booking made through Celebrity to a Travel Agent. The OP wants to go from one travel agent to a different travel agent. Similar, but not exactly the same. I don't think that the 60 rule applies when going from one Travel Agent to another.

I haven't yet made a booking.

I bought the future cruise credit on board and assigned it to my US TA.

I wish to book a cruise using this with a different US TA.

Just wondered if I would have to contact Celebrity to transfer the open cruise credit to a new TA.

Edited by 103brandy

Thank you cruise stitch. I'll call them tomorrow.:)

Just an FYI - the certificate you purchased is actually considered a booking you have made. If you look at the top, you will even see a booking number assigned and the date info to say TBD.

Hope that helps! :-)

Although the process to transfer the "booking" requires the TA it's assigned to to release it, I've been told by Celebrity that in the event of any issues/delays they will still release it.

Earlier this year I had to take back a certificate that was assigned to my TA because I needed to book my next cruise in Canadian dollars (my TA only deals in US $). All I had to do was contact my TA and they released it to Celebrity. I was then able to use the certificate to book a new cruise. I'm still on good terms with my TA and wasn't worried that they wouldn't sign it over but good to know the Celebrity will take care of it in case of any problems.

It takes a couple business days to complete the paperword once Celebrity has everything.