Just back from the Marina, Papeete/New York

deercottage

Returned home from our 33 day cruise on the Marina. We started in Papeete and ended in New York. First time on Oceania. Previous cruised on other lines. Stayed at the Intercontinental Resort in Papeete for 2 nights before boarding the Marina. The resort was excellent, room, food, location and the staff. I would highly recommend the Intercontinental. On Friday night they have a seafood buffet and the Tahitian Show, not to be missed. From Papeete to Lima we stayed in a PH1, from Lima to New York we moved to a Concierge A1. The PH1 wins hands down. The extra space is very nice to have, my wife really enjoyed the walk in closet. The Butler is wonderful, he can make your vacation very enjoyable. Our next cruise is a PH1. (booked) Oceania cruises what a good product they present. We were blown away by the service,food and attention to detail. The food is very consistent and well presented. The choices are yours to make. All restaurants have there own ambiance and the service to go with it.

The ship was spotless, the crew are cleaning all the time. My wife enjoyed her art classes on board, one of the many things to do. Minimal announcements

on the PA system. You are allowed to bring your own wine and beer onboard.

All the crew from the Captain to the servers just wonderful!

If you have any questions, please ask.

Wow -- that is quite a cruise. Happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Agree 100% with you about penthouse suites. They are well laid out and amazing. Would love to hear more about your port visits and excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

deercottage, happy to hear how much you enjoyed your rather lengthy crossing on Marina. We did a T/A on Riviera in April and loved it. I wasn't able to get in much swimming at all because of wind and coolish temperatures. Now we are booked Papeete to Lima next April and I'm wondering if that leg offered some nice warm weather and the possibility of swimming in the pool. Also, were there some interesting lectures on the South Pacific islands? We are also PH and it's a really great suite. Thanks for your input.

Returned home from our 33 day cruise on the Marina. We started in Papeete and ended in New York. First time on Oceania. Previous cruised on other lines. Stayed at the Intercontinental Resort in Papeete for 2 nights before boarding the Marina. The resort was excellent, room, food, location and the staff. I would highly recommend the Intercontinental. On Friday night they have a seafood buffet and the Tahitian Show, not to be missed. From Papeete to Lima we stayed in a PH1, from Lima to New York we moved to a Concierge A1. The PH1 wins hands down. The extra space is very nice to have, my wife really enjoyed the walk in closet. The Butler is wonderful, he can make your vacation very enjoyable. Our next cruise is a PH1. (booked) Oceania cruises what a good product they present. We were blown away by the service,food and attention to detail. The food is very consistent and well presented. The choices are yours to make. All restaurants have there own ambiance and the service to go with it.

The ship was spotless, the crew are cleaning all the time. My wife enjoyed her art classes on board, one of the many things to do. Minimal announcements

on the PA system. You are allowed to bring your own wine and beer onboard.

All the crew from the Captain to the servers just wonderful!

If you have any questions, please ask.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise....yes, Oceania does a really good job. There are lapses sometimes - that is to be expected. But overall they do a superb job. Glad to hear you are coming back!!

gary

deercottage, happy to hear how much you enjoyed your rather lengthy crossing on Marina. We did a T/A on Riviera in April and loved it. I wasn't able to get in much swimming at all because of wind and coolish temperatures. Now we are booked Papeete to Lima next April and I'm wondering if that leg offered some nice warm weather and the possibility of swimming in the pool. Also, were there some interesting lectures on the South Pacific islands? We are also PH and it's a really great suite. Thanks for your input.

We were on the Papeete to Lima leg of the cruise that deercottage is talking about and yes you will have ample opportunity to swim in the pool BUT you will be in the South Pacific with lots of wonderful opportunities to swim in some of the clearest waters that you will find!

We were on the Papeete to Lima leg of the cruise that deercottage is talking about and yes you will have ample opportunity to swim in the pool BUT you will be in the South Pacific with lots of wonderful opportunities to swim in some of the clearest waters that you will find!

Indeed! That's what I'm most looking forward too. That aqua crystal clear water.

The weather was great all the way to Lima. The rainy season had ended in Tahiti. We had a couple of short showers. Very hot temperatures and yes the pool was used everyday. There were several lectures on the first leg with the Pacific Islands being the topic. The most interesting one I thought was the lecture on Pit Cairn Island. A local lecturer came on board to tell us about living on Pit Cairn Island.