Oceania Insignia refit

WaterBaby2002

any news on the "new" Insignia with its updated features and cabin refurbishment. The ship was scheduled to do a Mediterranean cruise in May.

Apparently the work was completed promptly and she sailed on time from the shipyard.

Interestingly, because Insignia is the ship which is going to be doing Oceania's World Cruises, they've installed an Artists Loft on her

(in a corner of Horizons) which is not, as yet, set to be a feature on the Regatta or Nautica.

deck10.png

These revisions are so new that they haven't yet made it to the interactive Deck Plans, but it will be interesting to discover how they

laid the "new room" out!

6a0120a92e343a970b016303a50114970d-800wi

I would have preferred the teaching kitchen to the Artist's Loft but that would be impossible.

I will be on the first voyage of the newly refurbished Regatta on June 7 and promise to post photos. Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of CC, will be on board (she is joining our M & G) and is reviewing the cruise so I imagine we will all have plenty of photos to look at.

I would have preferred the teaching kitchen to the Artist's Loft but that would be impossible.

I will be on the first voyage of the newly refurbished Regatta on June 7 and promise to post photos. Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of CC, will be on board (she is joining our M & G) and is reviewing the cruise so I imagine we will all have plenty of photos to look at.

That is great news! Carolyn is a lot of fun on a cruise. We were on the Celebrity Silhouette christening cruise with her. Have a great time and send lots of pics. Can't wait to see the changes to the lovely Regatta.

Edited by MVPinBoynton

JimandStan, in reading the preface to Pancakes blog, it appears the Artist's Loft will be an exclusive to the World cruises next year. I might have mis-read that, but I think that is what it refers to. See below:

"Perhaps most exciting of all, the return of Insignia means that you can explore more of your world than ever before. Oceania Cruises wholeheartedly embraced this opportunity by debuting two never-before-offered 180-day World Voyages, which Insignia will sail beginning in January 2015 and again in July 2015. These amazing journeys are sure to inspire your inner artist, which is why the Artist Loft, another popular feature on Marina and Riviera, has been added to Insignia exclusively for these special voyages. Express your creativity with the world as your muse and artists-in-residence as your guide ."

JimandStan' date=' in reading the preface to Pancakes blog, it appears the Artist's Loft will be an exclusive to the World cruises next year. I might have mis-read that, but I think that is what it refers to. See below:

"Perhaps most exciting of all, the return of Insignia means that you can explore more of your world than ever before. Oceania Cruises wholeheartedly embraced this opportunity by debuting two never-before-offered 180-day World Voyages, which Insignia will sail beginning in January 2015 and again in July 2015. These amazing journeys are sure to inspire your inner artist, which is why the Artist Loft, another popular feature on Marina and Riviera, has been added to Insignia exclusively for these special voyages. Express your creativity with the world as your muse and artists-in-residence as your guide ."[/quote']

A very good idea. Folks are going to have to find many different things to do in the six months they are on the ship. I bet they also come up with some new and different on board activities.