Concern About a Pool "On My Head!"

2tsquared

This would be our first trip on Oceania. Trip is Sept 14, 2014 Barcelona to Lisbon -- a perfect itinerary for us!

Just put a PH1 on hold for 3 days. As I need mid ship stateroom, our TA put us in 11036 (Deck 11). Looking at the Deck Plans, I see that the pool (and ALL the deck chairs) will essentially be "over my head." :(

Don't know if any mid ship PH2's on Deck 10 are still available, but I will check.

Any insight into the noise levels we may "suffer" on Deck 11 would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

tt :)

Oh thank you, No Fuss! We, too, belong to the "Oldies but not dead yet" Boomers as well! I did try a search on this subject. Guess I should have searched a little deeper. I really appreciate your quick response, however! :)

It's not the night-time noise I'd be worried about. It's the very early morning noise when the deckhands hose down the decks and move all the chairs around. We were underneath the pool deck once on an Azamara R ship and we were woken up at 5 AM every morning by the pool staff. Once was enough for us! Maybe it's not a problem on Oceania, but I wouldn't chance it.

We were in this PH1 on Riviera last year and we did experience noise problems in the early hours of the morning due to a group of 'party animals' on board who used the sun beds for smoking, although this was not a designated smoking area. The crew were excellent and the problem was quickly resolved after a phone call to reception, but obviously annoying at the time. We did not hear any noise early in the morning from staff sorting sun beds. I would add that according to staff and also other guests it was unusual to experience these problems. The suite otherwise is in a really good position and quite close to the Lounge which was useful for a quick cup of coffee.

Keep in mind there is a very large overhang of the pool deck that will keep you in the shade.

Thanks for the info! The overhang, however, will not be an issue for us. Provides a comfy, shady spot away from the crowds!