When was the loud music problem solved

Loreni

I imagine that one's idea of 'fun' may differ from anothers. When its as subjective as that I imagine that it might need to be tempered.

I recently asked this exact question since I was planning, after some time away from this line, to take a new Celebrtiy cruise and was told the issue was 'resolved'.

But that it could change instantly, depending. And that struck me as a lack of reliable consistency, which unfortunately has been a pattern, but a chance I was willing to take, one more/one last time.

I think people, and specifically cruisers on vacation adore having fun, but there is some confusion in my mind about what I cosnider overbearing and invasive music unilaterally equating to passenger enjoyment.

Especially when so many provide feedback that its not 'fun' for them. Me included.

I used the word "fun" that was not their exact word, because I don't remember their exact wording, but I equated it to being fun and modern. If someone remembers the exact wording, please post it..the point is that Celebrity has said on here a number of times that they are not looking to get a certain age demographic, but looking for an experience for all passengers.

Here is what Celebrity posted on the loud music: We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Possibly, they felt some of the music was too low and correct that, just as they might have correct some that was too loud. Since it is really a matter of taste whether it is too loud or too low. This is always going to be a hot button, because two people on the same cruise can have differing opinions (as has happened on here) as to whether the music was ear splitting or just right. And, IMHO, I think a lot has to do with the type of music and not always the volume.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I aplogize, I did not intend to appear to be directly directing my reply in an accusation…I get the inference to fun, good time, enjoyable…etc. If you get it too. ;)

My thought was more inclined to think if the cruise line adopted a standard noise level rather than and turn it up arbitrary approach that is reported they have had, then we could all have 'fun'.

The volume knob on the music system in each lounge is probably the same on many of the sister ships, no mater what lounge it is that is occupied.

Arbitrarily cranking it to some send it over toward the way to the 'right indicator marker' is not synonymous with a standard. It's a haphazard approach that in my experience has not resulted in favorable enjoyment or feedback.

For me/us.

That's why I left the line in the first place.

I'm booked and amped, but not guaranteed. That's the approach of no commitment one way or another until the day of forced payment reckoning.

I am just as fickle as the cruise line I guess.

Edited by MizDemeanor