Luggage labels

We are going on Spirit in a fortnight's time having pre-paid but still to be assigned a cabin. The e-ticket, now printed, still does not have a cabin number or any means of printing out luggage labels. Although it says inhavevorepaidca parking spot at Newcastle there is nothing timeout in the window.

Is this normal for Thompson or am I missing something ?

Edited by Eboracum_d
typo

We are going on Spirit in a fortnight's time having pre-paid but still to be assigned a cabin. The e-ticket, now printed, still does not have a cabin number or any means of printing out luggage labels. Although it says inhavevorepaidca parking spot at Newcastle there is nothing timeout in the window.

Is this normal for Thompson or am I missing something ?

Have you prebooked (and paid for) a specific cabin? If so you will know your cabin as you will have selected the specific number. If you don't know what it is your TA, or whoever you booked through should be able to tell you.

If not, ie you have booked just a cabin category eg outside deck 3/4 you won't know until you arrive at the port and are given your envelope with your cabin number stickers or labels enclosed.

Whatever, you don't receive your stickers/labels until the port and then you should attach these to your cases before you had them over to the baggage handlers so you don't need them in advance of leaving home.

PS. Just had a thought - did you book online with Thomson and pay for cabin selection? If so you probably had to then ring Cabin Bookings yourself to choose your cabin. If you are going in two weeks time it may now be too late as they have a cut-off date about 15 days before departure to book cabins. I hope you haven't fallen foul of this antiquated system but I'd ring up to find out how you stand. You either need to select your cabin pdq (or you need a refund!) Why you can't select a cabin number at the time of booking without having to phone separately and pay for the call I can't imagine - or perhaps I can - it's a premium number! :rolleyes:

Hope this all makes sense and you get a satisfactory resolution.

Edited by kruzseeka

There's a recent post regarding parking at Newcastle or more correctly North Shields, you may find it useful to read. Enjoy your trip it's another 7 weeks for us. Were doing the Arctic trip. Hopefully it will have warmed up a little currently Honningsvag is 4 degrees!

There's a recent post regarding parking at Newcastle or more correctly North Shields, you may find it useful to read. Enjoy your trip it's another 7 weeks for us. Were doing the Arctic trip. Hopefully it will have warmed up a little currently Honningsvag is 4 degrees!

Don't despair - last time we were at the North Cape we were wearing windproof jackets, hats and gloves - but it was 30C in Tromso!! :D