Bar credit coupons

MaiTaiMary

Our last cruise was over four years ago. We had some bar credit coupons leftover, so we saved them for our next cruise. It looks like Carnival doesn't use these anymore (?) True? Does anybody know if they'll take them?

Thanks.

Our last cruise was over four years ago. We had some bar credit coupons leftover, so we saved them for our next cruise. It looks like Carnival doesn't use these anymore (?) True? Does anybody know if they'll take them?

Thanks.

They don't take them anymore. I had some leftover and then tossed them because I didn't think I'd be cruising before the deadline of when they stopped using them, but then I think I ended up cruising before the deadline and I was mad that I tossed them. But, unfortunately, they aren't accepted anymore.

They extended them.. do NOT throw them away!

First hand know here. when we booked our cruise I had started reading about the cruise cash, and did see the option for the drink coupons. then read on Carnival forums that they stopped and were exp this past feb. which my cruise is Oct.

Mary from Carnival replied to my question on exp date and could they be exchange blah blah.. because they realized that not enough notice whatever, they extended the date.

I misread her post and thought it was this past feb and my cruise isn't until Oct so another cruiser offered to buy my drink and photo coupons. which was cool as I had $160.00 worth lol.

So at least until Feb 2015 they are still good

Edited by jks336

• 5 months later...

THE COUPONS ARE STILL GOOD!!!!!!

I spoke with carnivals dept that handles

the coupons and the department manager stated that are good til 02/ 2017.

if the bartender doesn't take it ask for his supervisor they are aware that the coupon

still has a face value, what ever the amount that is on the coupon

Edited by NJEMT29
spelling mistake

They are good until Feb. 2018...do not throw them away...or you could just mail them to me. Here is a link where Mary on Carnival Funville stated the facts. I printed out the Funville thread and took it with me on my last cruise just in case but had no problems.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/292967/1511848.aspx

So at least until Feb 2015 they are still good

I spoke with carnivals dept that handles

the coupons and the department manager stated that are good til 02/ 2017.

They are good until Feb. 2018....

Gotta love Cruise Critic... :rolleyes:

Gotta love Cruise Critic... :rolleyes:

At least I gave a link to where I was informed by Carnival that they are good until February 2018. But I do agree....you can get 30 different answers for one question.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/292967/1511848.aspx

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thanks.

I'm curious why you bought them in the first place! Did these coupons cost you a lot less than the drinks they pay for???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We use to purchase them to pre pay some of the items that would be added to our final S&S bill. They covered the full cost of most drinks that were purchased.

Sometimes it would save a little money. It was easier to hand a coupon to the waiter than to use a S&S card and have to sign.

Any leftover coupons could be held until our next cruise. We purchased them until Carnival stopped selling them.

The new method of prepaying is Bar Cash. So no small savings on any drink. Also if you don’t spend it all you won’t receive a refund.

I'm curious why you bought them in the first place! Did these coupons cost you a lot less than the drinks they pay for???

With the coupon the tip was included, therefore, you saved 15% for each drink. In my case, each Fosters Beer I bought, I saved 86 cents with the coupon.

The Cash Bar Credit that they have now, you save nothing.

It's been a while, but I believe we purchased them ahead of time to help budget for the cruise. Basically pre-paying our alcohol tab. :D Then just ended up drinking a lot less than expected. One set might have been a Bon Voyage gift from somebody. (I *think*)

Thanks.

Just back from Jamaica and Grand Cayman on Victory and mine were accepted without any hesitation by three different bartenders. Mine did say they were good up to $5.75 and they just charged the difference to my sign and sail account.

IMHO just hold on to them and use them until the bartender/s in front of you says no. No matter what you're told on these boards.....lol

They reduced the final S&S charges, if you didn't use them all you used them on your next cruise, you had complete control by handing the coupon over at each drink, saved a few cents per drink. I miss them.

• 3 weeks later...