Bottle of wine for cabin

kborth

Hi we always order wine in the cabin. Does anyone know of any nice wines offered? Thanks in advance,Kathi

You are allowed to carry on 2 bottles per stateroom. If your not flying in the the port makes it nice. If you enjoy it anyplace other than your room they want to charge you a corkage fee. If you buy it from them or it is a gift when you board I believe they do not charge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So 2 bottles per stateroom....what are the differences in 'carry on' and 'checked' luggage....thinking in terms of airlines

Here is my question....I'm flying to Rome from Chicago....bottle of wine would have to be checked...not going to risk that. I could buy 2 bottles in Rome before we embark.....would those 2 bottles need to be in our (airline) checked luggage(going through some scanner I have read about...I'm assuming for safety) or could I carry on in a zipped up back pack? What about in my wife's big purse, not zipped up where the bottle is partially visible?

Are there approved ways to get the bottle on board to your stateroom?

Bring it with you as you board....in a tote bag, a carry bag, back pack, whatever is easiest. They slide all your carry ons through a scanner just like the airport scanners. Many people don't like to out their allowed wine in their suitcases in case of breakage/spillage but you can if you like. It's your choice. We prefer to stop at the wine store and bring the wine with us in our canas tote bags (reused from previous Celebrity cruises!

In addition to the problem of breakage if you put the wine in your checked bags for boarding, there is a possibility it will be mistaken for prohibited liquor when the bags are x-rayed, and you'll get called to the "naughty room" to open your bags. This will take up your time on the first day and also delay the delivery of your bags to your cabin.

Buy the bottles in Rome, carry them on board, and have a great trip!

If your question is what to order from X then the Celebrity brand Chardonay is a very good one. I think KJ bottles it for them. My wife is the expert in whites and she likes that one.

All their reds are good also.

Hi we always order wine in the cabin. Does anyone know of any nice wines offered? Thanks in advance,Kathi

Might I suggest the following:

Still White: The Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough New Zealand. Produced from some of the oldest Sauvignon Blanc vines in the heart of Marlborough, this excellent example shows expressive aromatics of gooseberry and passionfruit and the palate is refined and elegant. Normally available at the Specialty Bars and Restaurants

Red: The Ross Estate "Lights Out" Shiraz from the Barossa Valley in Sth Australia. The ‘Lights Out’ is a blend of several shiraz vineyards that provide fruit driven wines. Maturation occurred in seasoned French and American oak barrels for 15 months. Blueberry and red cherry are intertwined with chocolate and toasty oak on the nose. The oak treatment supplies supporting tannin structure and spice to the mulberry and dark fruits. The palate is silky and rich with a persistent length.

Sparkling: The Fanitel Prosecco....This is a broad, round Prosecco that doesn’t offer detailed aromatic highlights but instead delivers a steady dose of Golden Delicious apple, pear and honeysuckle. It’s got character and grit and offers steely effervescence.

N.B. All the above is available by the glass under the Classic Beverage Package but not via room service.

cheers

The Celebrity Chardonnay sounds great. I plan to carry on two bottles at Civitavecchia but I was reading here that there is a long walk from the trIb to the port and if it's hot we'll....