GEM - Suite choice help needed.

chrisaf

I am trying to decide between 2 different suites. The first is 11512 (SC 2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony), which we have stayed in previously and are fine with the layout and liked the location.

The other is 14006 (H4 Haven Family Villa).

There are 3 adults and 2 kids in our party.

They both offer the bedroom needs that we need but does anyone know which one offers the largest balcony or are there any other things that would make one a better choice than the other?

Thanks!

I believe the H4 is the same as the 2BR, except it is located in the Haven area. Cabin is identical, so you already know the sleeping arrangements.

The haven gives an easy area for someone to go sit, etc. That is it.

From the Gem deckplans, it seems to me like the SC balcony is wider than the H4 balcony, but the H4 balcony is deeper. But on the floorplan showed on each suite category, they look the same....? My guess is that the square footage is kind of similar either way...

We actually stayed in the Haven 2-bedroom suite on the Gem a few years ago, just give me a minute and I will see if I have a picture of the balcony.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Here is a photo of the H4 balcony, as you can see it is not large at all. But the Haven area on the Gem compensate for that big time (at least in my opinion).

And since you have been in the SC suite before, you probably then have the information you need to do the comparison...

IMG_4920.jpg.d74042eafd186fb5138eb662a9a34792.jpg

I would check to make sure the 2 bdrm on deck 11 gets haven privileges. We stayed in 2 bdrm on 11 and got butler and concierge but no haven or cagneybreakfast or lunch. If $ allows i would go with haven room for the added perks.. X

I would check to make sure the 2 bdrm on deck 11 gets haven privileges. We stayed in 2 bdrm on 11 and got butler and concierge but no haven or cagneybreakfast or lunch. If $ allows i would go with haven room for the added perks.. X

No, the SC suites on deck 11 does NOT get access to Haven. And that is an important point... ;) But they still get butler, concierge and breakfast/lunch in Cagneys.

Edited by TrumpyNor

All suites get Cagney's breakfast and lunch regardless of whether they have Haven access.

I am trying to decide between 2 different suites. The first is 11512 (SC 2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony), which we have stayed in previously and are fine with the layout and liked the location.

The other is 14006 (H4 Haven Family Villa).

There are 3 adults and 2 kids in our party.

They both offer the bedroom needs that we need but does anyone know which one offers the largest balcony or are there any other things that would make one a better choice than the other?

Thanks!

H4 gives you access to the private Courtyard area with a small pool, hot tub and private sun deck.

Some people love this access more than others.

For me the decision would depend on the price difference between the two suites.

Under $500 I would move to the H4. More than $500 I would not.

Awesome - thanks for the pictures as I have not stayed in the Haven before and had not seen pics of the pool area. The balcony in your pic seems to be pretty much the same size as the Deck 11 Suite balcony so no big difference there.

The pool area in the Haven looks nice but I just figured that since we are traveling with a 12 & 14 year old, they would probably prefer the activities around the main pool area rather than the Haven pool so having that pool perk wasn't a big deal to me. I just figured that if the room and the balcony were significantly larger, I would go with the Haven for that reason.

Thanks again for the replies and pics!!