Here's a Secret if You're Going on the Pride!

Run don't walk to The Starry Night lounge every night from about 7 pm to midnight most nights (check your Fun Times) to see the house Filipino band HI LUX! They are beyond wonderful! Between sets when they take their "break" they stay in the lounge and talk to the guests, introduce themselves and ask for requests! They played country, Motown, classic rock, pop...you name it! They'll sing it! They are like a jukebox. It's awesome! They consist of a keyboard player (female), drummer, guitarist, and a bass player. The keyboardist, guitarist, and drummer all sing and are fantastic. They have a great chemistry between them and you can tell they actually enjoy being there! They do a cover of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that is superb. They said it took two weeks to learn just that song one week for vocals and one week for instrumentals. I absolutely cannot say enough about how great this band is. They definitely made my DH and my cruise. We introduced ourselves the first night and every night after that, they always said hi to us whether in the lounge or around the ship!

Carnival! You got it right with this band! Give them a raise, they deserve it!

I second this. We were on the May 4th sailing. I believe the 2nd night when we heard music while walking on the deck above. We followed the sound to the Starry Lounge and heard Hi Lux. Every night (except I think Thurs was their night off) we went to the Starry Lounge to listen to Hi Lux.

Run don't walk to The Starry Night lounge every night from about 7 pm to midnight most nights (check your Fun Times) to see the house Filipino band HI LUX! They are beyond wonderful! Between sets when they take their "break" they stay in the lounge and talk to the guests, introduce themselves and ask for requests! They played country, Motown, classic rock, pop...you name it! They'll sing it! They are like a jukebox. It's awesome! They consist of a keyboard player (female), drummer, guitarist, and a bass player. The keyboardist, guitarist, and drummer all sing and are fantastic. They have a great chemistry between them and you can tell they actually enjoy being there! They do a cover of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody that is superb. They said it took two weeks to learn just that song one week for vocals and one week for instrumentals. I absolutely cannot say enough about how great this band is. They definitely made my DH and my cruise. We introduced ourselves the first night and every night after that, they always said hi to us whether in the lounge or around the ship!

Thanks for sharing. This is exactly why Carnival needs to invest in bands for their cruises. Good music makes a good cruise great and memorable!

Thanks! We will be sailing on the Pride on July 13th! I saw the pic in your profile. What can you tell me about scooters in Freeport. We usually end up staying on board at Freeport.

Thanks! We will be sailing on the Pride on July 13th! I saw the pic in your profile. What can you tell me about scooters in Freeport. We usually end up staying on board at Freeport.

You can rent the scooter's right inside the little port area. It's $60 for the day. We rented one and drove around the island. My hubby drove the two of us around because I was nervous about the whole driving on the opposite side of the road :D! It is definitely an experience when you go out on your own. I know a lot of people say that they don't like this port but they have the most beautiful beaches. Taino beach is the one we usually go to. You can also take a cab there. It's very clean and there aren't a bunch of people bothering you to buy stuff. They do have some but a simple no thank you and they will leave you alone. We've also drove to the Lucayan National Park. It does take quite a while (about 45 minutes) to get there but it's just one road to drive on. I guess that's the one down side of Freeport, it's such a short stay!

You can rent the scooter's right inside the little port area. It's $60 for the day. We rented one and drove around the island. My hubby drove the two of us around because I was nervous about the whole driving on the opposite side of the road :D! It is definitely an experience when you go out on your own. I know a lot of people say that they don't like this port but they have the most beautiful beaches. Taino beach is the one we usually go to. You can also take a cab there. It's very clean and there aren't a bunch of people bothering you to buy stuff. They do have some but a simple no thank you and they will leave you alone. We've also drove to the Lucayan National Park. It does take quite a while (about 45 minutes) to get there but it's just one road to drive on. I guess that's the one down side of Freeport, it's such a short stay!

Do they have any restroom facilities?

This is the type of music we enjoy. Now all I have to do is book a cruise on this ship.

This is the type of music we enjoy. Now all I have to do is book a cruise on this ship.

Ya may want to look at booking the Pride before her scheduled dry dock in October. I can't say with 100% certainty, but, when the Legend had it's dry dock, the same area on Legend that is the Starry nights club on Pride was turned into the Red Frog Pub, so, good chance Starry nights will be no more after the Prides dry dock is compete this November, and she takes her winter vacation down in Tampa....

loved the band just didn't like the smoke. maybe it is non smoking now?

That lounge thank heavens....is now nonsmoking! On previous cruises, we couldn't enjoy these bands because the smoke was insane! Even if you sat on the benches right outside the smoke was still bad! So you'll be good to enjoy!

Will they do Child in Time by Deep Purple? I love that song. Over 10 minutes of screaming.

It wouldn't hurt to ask, I personally didn't hear it on this cruise. They did however play Freebies by request. That was also really good. I'm surprised the guitar players fingers weren't bleeding by the end of it!!

On the pride next march and hopefully they will be regulars on the ship and come back after their vacation.

Good cover bands are great and hated to see them taken away.

They have been on the ship for 35 days and their contracts are normally for 6 months. I hope what a previous poster said about the lounge getting taken out for the Red Frog Pub during dry dock is incorrect. This lounge is nice and one of the better places to hear live music on the ship!

They have been on the ship for 35 days and their contracts are normally for 6 months. I hope what a previous poster said about the lounge getting taken out for the Red Frog Pub during dry dock is incorrect. This lounge is nice and one of the better places to hear live music on the ship!

Since our cruise is next march they will come to end of contract and than vacation and hope they come back to the pride.

Just off last week. Never went in but stop when passing by on the way to the theater to listen. Unfortunate at the Q& A with the CD he said this lounge will change into the pub with a solo act in there. Similar to the acts in the pubs on the promenade on RC. Hopefully they will find another place on board for the band.

This band has done a couple of stints on the pride... a year and a half ago they were on the pride, but the female keyboard player was out front and jumped all around and kind of took away from the band.. When seeing them this past feb. she stayed back a little more and was more part of the band which was a big improvement. The lead guitar player is the best I have seen on a cruise ship and I think this band is probably the best I have seen now.. I agree that if on the pride, you should see them.. I am glad to hear the bar is now non-smoking as they use to allow both cigs and cigar smoking in that bar.