Elite & cabin mate question

billy10

Going on reflection in Nov 3 guys in cabin 2 of us are elite third guy is his first cruise will he get same benefits as the other two ? Will he be allowed in happy hour with us? Thanks for any info

Going on reflection in Nov 3 guys in cabin 2 of us are elite third guy is his first cruise will he get same benefits as the other two ? Will he be allowed in happy hour with us? Thanks for any info

Yes, anyone in the same cabin with an Elite will be allowed to attend Happy Hour.

While he will be allowed to attend morning and evening Happy Hours, I don't think he gets "coupon benefits" (free internet minutes, laundry, etc.).

I'm curious - I assume that the first time cruiser has to go with his Elite roommate to Happy Hour - I don't think the door monitor has access to a list (paper or electronic) that would tell them that this individual is rooming with an Elite.

Thom

I had this issue in January. I am elite, room-mate is not (select). She got coupons for that level, and I got the elite coupons. I talked with the CC person and he gave me a card for her to show when entering elite events, so I wouldn't have to go with her all the time.

On the Silhouette transatlantic in April, my girlfriend was also issued a full set of elite drink coupons, even though she was select.

For the "OTHER coupon sheet," she got her select level, and I got my elite level.

While he will be allowed to attend morning and evening Happy Hours, I don't think he gets "coupon benefits" (free internet minutes, laundry, etc.).

I'm curious - I assume that the first time cruiser has to go with his Elite roommate to Happy Hour - I don't think the door monitor has access to a list (paper or electronic) that would tell them that this individual is rooming with an Elite.

Thom

You must go to the Captain Club desk and have a new key made for him with the Elite on it. This will solve any problems with the door monitor. They are only looking for Elite, Elite Plus, Zenith and suites.

Are you certain? They checked my DH AND then asked for my card before being allowed into the Elite happy hour...December 2013.

There is the usual "consistent inconsistency" reflected in this thread. It is the stated policy that those sharing a cabin with anyone allowed to attend Elite functions may also attend Elite functions providing that they meet age requirements. How this is monitored from ship to ship and cruise to cruise depends whose doing the checking. Some will ask for cards, some won't. However, the policy is very clear.

You could always print out the policy from the website if you are concerned. The actual wording is...

Celebrity is pleased to offer the Captains Club Coffee Break experience and Cocktail Hour exclusively for Elite/Elite Plus members and their stateroom/suite companions.

There is the usual "consistent inconsistency" reflected in this thread. It is the stated policy that those sharing a cabin with anyone allowed to attend Elite functions may also attend Elite functions providing that they meet age requirements. How this is monitored from ship to ship and cruise to cruise depends whose doing the checking. Some will ask for cards, some won't. However, the policy is very clear.

OH! Got it! They were looking at the cabin # not the status on the second card.

OH! Got it! They were looking at the cabin # not the status on the second card.

Cabin numbers are not included on the Seapass card. They were probably looking at names, although that can be very misleading. Or, they just wanted others to believe that they were checking. Who knows, but everyone who had the right to enter, entered and that's all that counts.