Liberty Cruisers.Please share your views on American Table

AmberTeka

I think I am looking forward to finding out for myself in four weeks. But would some of the folks who have cruised on Liberty with the New Menu..post how they liked it? And what they liked?

I was pretty happy with the old menu, did not realize the Liberty had the new ones until after we had changed it,and I read reviews where people really liked it or others did not. I think they have a green salad on the menu each night? Other than Cesar Salads? I like that.

I see Chinese dishes on the Inspiration Menus Zyodecorder (sp) posted. Do they have those on the Liberty? Chow Mein. Potstickers. Sweet and Sour I think. I hope so.

Thank you for any information you share.

We were on the Liberty in April. The new menu is OK. We were not there on formal night, always book the steakhouse for that night.

The other nights, we always found something to eat with the exception of one night. We only had soup and salad since nothing on the menu appealed to us.

There is still ship cocktail, the salmon and steak. We had a dish that was rice and shrimp that was very good.

Shirley

One night on the Inspiration we had a noodle dish. The description sounded like a stirfry, but it was a soup. Very similar to the wonton soup I get at our local Vietnamese place. Not a Pho', didn't taste any ginger in it.

It was very good and very filling.

I think I am looking forward to finding out for myself in four weeks. But would some of the folks who have cruised on Liberty with the New Menu..post how they liked it? And what they liked?

I was pretty happy with the old menu, did not realize the Liberty had the new ones until after we had changed it,and I read reviews where people really liked it or others did not. I think they have a green salad on the menu each night? Other than Cesar Salads? I like that.

I see Chinese dishes on the Inspiration Menus Zyodecorder (sp) posted. Do they have those on the Liberty? Chow Mein. Potstickers. Sweet and Sour I think. I hope so.

AmberTeka, We were on the May 9th 8 day and it was OK. Had the cast iron steak 4 nights. My wife liked the fish dishes. We didn't go hungry but we don't cruise for the food;) on Carnival. The salads were good as were the desserts. The bread was great and I loved the bread with seeds or cranberries on it:) don't remember any Chinese dishes. Oh yeah the prime rib looked good but didn't have much flavor:confused: Pink

We really enjoyed it. Some things weren't for us but others were great. But that is how it goes. If there is something that you particularly want that you've had before and don't see it on the menu, ask. Like you can still get the cheese plate but it's not on the menu. Loved the flatbread and the soups. I love soup, not cold soup though.

We were on Liberty last week. First night had your time, didn't like it and switched to early in silver dining room.

We did not like the physical of the American table menus. They were just so awkward to hold and read. The For the table was gone but the selections were still listed as possible appetizers. There was a different flatbread every night, shrimp cocktail, kale or ceaser salad and other items too. Not as much vegetarian on first night. Calamari was very good.lo. Family liked the spring rolls. There were soups every night which some of us got every night.

The fish selections were good. The chateaubriand was very fatty, but the filets and others were very good. Lobster and shrimp on feast night was good.

They have put the Creme brûlée back on the first formal nt and grand mariner on 2 nd. Both very good. The s'mores parfait was ok, the chocolate pan actors very good. Did not care for the blueberry popcorn thingy. Some at my table liked the pies but said they tasted thawed frozen.

Overall menu was decent and glad a lot of tweaking had been done prior to our cruise.

Thank all of you for responding.

I miss the cold fruit soups. I accidentally tried one, and have loved them ever since. I suspect they are gone.

great to hear that the bread is still excellent. As a dieter, I don't eat a lot of bread, but On Carnival I do. Their bread............I could make a meal out of it. Sometimes they have rolls with dried tomato bits in them..... Once black olive slices............Yum.

I know my way to the Lido Deck so we are not going to starve. And all of it is a lot better than what I could cook!! And I don't have to load the dishwater and clean up!!!

I have always wanted to sail on the Liberty. And now we are + it has the new upgrades!

And I hope it does not have the new electronic backed show productions. Ugh. Did not like them on the Breeze though the Breeze was lovely.

Are you on the June 20 sailing? We will be on the liberty then. My best friend of 40 years...no husbands allowed! lol The menu sounds great to me for a change!

We are on the 28th. and looking forward to it very much. It will just be my husband and me.

And when it comes to food, back when I was in public school, I was the girl who liked school lunches. I remember smelling the big yeast rolls they served in High School, and that smell is unbeatable. Ditto a type of dessert with mixed peanuts and syrup involved.

I am sure I will be stuffed to the gills every night, and loving it.

We were on the Liberty in April. The new menu is OK. We were not there on formal night, always book the steakhouse for that night.

Do you need to be in formal attire to use the steakhouse on formal night? We are skipping the formal wear this go around, so I was wondering what my dining options would be. Thx.

We were on Liberty this past January. We always found something good to eat. One night I ordered a lamb dish which was really awful. It was kind of like a stew, but it was too, too spicy.

Glad they put Crème Brulee back on the menu. I did have it the last night of the 2nd week of our B2B. The MDR hostess ordered it for me along with Strawberry Bisque. Originally she said I'd have it on the 3rd night at dinner. Then the 2nd night she told me that the chef asked if I'd wait till the last night. Think he didn't want others to get the idea.

They still had the 10 pc orchestra & production shows when we sailed in January so you are in luck.

Next January we'll be on Conquest and I know they'll have the Playlist. We were supposed to be on Freedom, but they transferred us to Conquest since Freedom will be leaving for Galveston.

We were supposed to be on Freedom, but they transferred us to Conquest since Freedom will be leaving for Galveston.

We were looking at Freedom B2B but decided on the Freedom Repo instead, looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades.

We were on Liberty last week. First night had your time, didn't like it and switched to early in silver dining room.

We did not like the physical of the American table menus. They were just so awkward to hold and read. The For the table was gone but the selections were still listed as possible appetizers. There was a different flatbread every night, shrimp cocktail, kale or ceaser salad and other items too. Not as much vegetarian on first night. Calamari was very good.lo. Family liked the spring rolls. There were soups every night which some of us got every night.

The fish selections were good. The chateaubriand was very fatty, but the filets and others were very good. Lobster and shrimp on feast night was good.

They have put the Creme brûlée back on the first formal nt and grand mariner on 2 nd. Both very good. The s'mores parfait was ok, the chocolate pan actors very good. Did not care for the blueberry popcorn thingy. Some at my table liked the pies but said they tasted thawed frozen.

Overall menu was decent and glad a lot of tweaking had been done prior to our cruise.

Do you remember if they had Pecan Pie as one of the pie for the table choices? I read it, I think, on the Zyorecorder menus for the Imagination. Pecan Pie is my favorite dessert. Can you order Pie by the slice in stead of the whole pie? Sounds stupid, but I was wondering about that.

Next stupid question meant to offend noone....they serve veal dishes where ground beef could be substituted. Do that many people eat veal? Like chicken parmesan.......they serve that at lunch. I love it. Why not serve chicken parmesan? instead of veal parmesan?

And next stupid question. We are sailing on Celebrity in October. Their menu lists pork belly in their expensive speciality restaurant. What is pork belly? what kind of dish? They also serve Osso Bucco.(sp) I know it is an European dish. What is it and what is in it?

thank you.

Edited by AmberTeka

Yes, formal wear is required in the steakhouse on formal night.

I'm not so sure that this is 100% correct. The steakhouse has a dress code yes, but I do not believe you are "required" to be in formal wear on Elegant night.

We were just off the Liberty last week and are frequent Carnival cruisers. I am never one to complain about the food on a ship because we are easy to please, but my whole group was very disappointed by the new menu.

Personally, I missed the amount of variety I used to have. I don't eat seafood so I stick with chicken or beef mostly. Three nights I ate the basic grilled chicken that was worse than what I prepare at home. One night I had the filet short rib duo and the filet was inedible. Another night I had the beef loin and again inedible. My husband always eats the ribs when offered and he said they weren't the same either.

Carnival's beef has been much better prepared in the past. I am not sure what happened. I also missed all of the choices in the appetizer section. Some items in particular that I missed were the spring rolls, tiramisu and farmer's salad.

The Lido on the other hand was outstanding on the ship. And the single best thing added to the ships has to be Guy's Burgers.

I do hope they can get this new menu figured out because I was not impressed.

We were on a back-to-back on Liberty the end of March. We did not go hungry but did not enjoy the new menu. We missed the variety of the old menu. Now there are few options for picky eaters. Ate at the buffet a lot on the second leg of the trip. Really missed not having the Italian restaurant that we enjoyed on the Breeze & Sunshine. Ate at the Steakhouse twice.

I'm not so sure that this is 100% correct. The steakhouse has a dress code yes, but I do not believe you are "required" to be in formal wear on Elegant night.

I think you are right. I think it is long pants, not jeans, but Khakis OK, and a shirt. Not a tee shirt.

My husband does dress in a suit for Elegant Night. Then he gets out of it as soon as he can run to the cabin. The Steakhouse. I am pretty sure he wore Khakis and short sleeved, button down shirt. Not a tie.

Once on the first night, we had a reservation and his suitcase was not to be found. We called the steakhouse and asked if we should cancel, and they said to come on. We did. We have a lovely dinner with a free bottle of wine. (everyone had a free bottle.) Suitcase was not there when we returned. He called our cabin steward. it was there in ten minutes. We are the luckiest people in the world in getting cabin stewards. They are always exceptional.

Edited by AmberTeka

I think you are right. I think it is long pants, not jeans, but Khakis OK, and a shirt. Not a tee shirt.

My husband does dress in a suit for Elegant Night. Then he gets out of it as soon as he can run to the cabin. The Steakhouse. I am pretty sure he wore Khakis and short sleeved, button down shirt. Not a tie.

Once on the first night, we had a reservation and his suitcase was not to be found. We called the steakhouse and asked if we should cancel, and they said to come on. We did. We have a lovely dinner with a free bottle of wine. (everyone had a free bottle.) Suitcase was not there when we returned. He called our cabin steward. it was there in ten minutes. We are the luckiest people in the world in getting cabin stewards. They are always exceptional.

Once, on Carnival Dream I called the SteakHouse to ask if DH could wear shorts as our luggage hadn't arrived and I was politely told they would be happy to schedule us for another night as shorts are never permitted in there.

I don't know what your husband was wearing that it didn't matter, but I know shorts are not allowed on Carnival Dream, even with no luggage.

We always do the steakhouse on formal night as we don't do the formal dress up anymore. No longer bring suits and fancy dresses, takes up to much luggage space. We always dress smart casual for the steakhouse and never had an issue on several cruises. :)

We always do the steakhouse on formal night as we don't do the formal dress up anymore. No longer bring suits and fancy dresses, takes up to much luggage space. We always dress smart casual for the steakhouse and never had an issue on several cruises. :)

This is exactly what I was hoping for - thanks!!

Do you remember if they had Pecan Pie as one of the pie for the table choices? I read it, I think, on the Zyorecorder menus for the Imagination. Pecan Pie is my favorite dessert. Can you order Pie by the slice in stead of the whole pie? Sounds stupid, but I was wondering about that.

Next stupid question meant to offend noone....they serve veal dishes where ground beef could be substituted. Do that many people eat veal? Like chicken parmesan.......they serve that at lunch. I love it. Why not serve chicken parmesan? instead of veal parmesan?

And next stupid question. We are sailing on Celebrity in October. Their menu lists pork belly in their expensive speciality restaurant. What is pork belly? what kind of dish? They also serve Osso Bucco.(sp) I know it is an European dish. What is it and what is in it?

thank you.

They did not serve pie as a whole. It was served as a single slice each night. The "for the table" designation was not there. I do not remember pecan but we did not ask every night about the type of pie available. The kinds tried were apple, rhubarb, peach and cherry.

Can't answer your other questions. One DD ordered GF and they were very good modifying anything she wanted. Other Dd is vegetarian and they brought her Indian food one night when the pickings were slim. She loved that.

My DH got beef or chicken and my DD's friend primarily got seafood every night. I got seafood all but one night and that was the beef fillet. It was good.

There was no Bitter n Blanc, only real disappointment. Plus I would have liked to have seen strawberry bisque cold soup. We were glad to see the hot soups back on the menu and someone got at least one each night.

Once, on Carnival Dream I called the SteakHouse to ask if DH could wear shorts as our luggage hadn't arrived and I was politely told they would be happy to schedule us for another night as shorts are never permitted in there.

I don't know what your husband was wearing that it didn't matter, but I know shorts are not allowed on Carnival Dream, even with no luggage.

I cross my heart and promise not to lie. It was on the Dream or the Breeze. We have over a 100 days with Carnival and the Dream is the ship we cruised the most because it was a short drive from my home. We cruised the Dream in October 2012 and Princess on New Year's Eve and the Breeze iSept. 2013..then the Dream again last March, know it was not that cruise because we took our daughter and her family, and with her toddler...would not chance the steakhouse. So it was the Dream in 2012. It was not Princess because we don't usually go to that Steakhouse. We do go to Sabatini's...the Italian Restaurant.

On that cruise the luggage did not arrive. He called the Main Desk when after Muster he still did not have it. Then it was about five, I called the Steakhouse, explained that he could not find his garment bag (((his pants were on hangers in there) and he only had cargo type long shorts. They said he could come. We went. Came back. still not bag. Then he called the steward and it was in our cabin in ten minutes.

That is the only time in over 25 cruises that we have ever had a late piece of luggage, so I remember it clearly. It could have been a very slow night. And of course, if he had access to any long pants, he would have worn them. he didn't lose or misplace his luggage. I didn't say that, but it was nothing he did. he is very respectful of the rules that places have in relation to attire or behavior. And every one was nice, and his bag was found, and it turned out to be a lovely evening.

Honest. No reason to tell a fib. And I appreciated it , too. It was celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary, though I did not tell them that until dinner was over and we thanked our servers and the Maitre D. I guess that who he was.

Edited by AmberTeka