Port of Miami question??

Can anyone recommend a transportation service we can call a head for transport to the port from our hotel?

Are you still staying at the Embassy Suites by the airport or did you change that reservation?

If you are still there the hotel has a shuttle to the cruise port.

If you moved to a hotel near the port just take a taxi as it's a stones throw away and would probably cost in the $10-$15 range.

Bill

The hotels usually do have a shuttle; I think we paid about $11.00 per person; however, that's only to the port, not back to the hotel. But the good thing is that you can usually leave your car at the hotel while you're on the cruise.

The hotels usually do have a shuttle; I think we paid about $11.00 per person; however, that's only to the port, not back to the hotel. But the good thing is that you can usually leave your car at the hotel while you're on the cruise.

2 or 3 years ago, we stayed at Red Roof (across the street from the airport), paid about $100 for one night, left the car there for 8 nights. Their shuttle took us to the port, but not back. We took a cab back for $27. So convenient with a cab, especially during summer heat.

2 or 3 years ago, we stayed at Red Roof (across the street from the airport), paid about $100 for one night, left the car there for 8 nights. Their shuttle took us to the port, but not back. We took a cab back for $27. So convenient with a cab, especially during summer heat.

We're staying there a couple of nights before our cruise and the lady at the front desk told me that the free shuttle leaves at 1pm. I like to get there early to make use of my FTTF passes. I hope they change to an earlier shuttle time or I'm just going to have to take my taxi as planned.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're staying there a couple of nights before our cruise and the lady at the front desk told me that the free shuttle leaves at 1pm. I like to get there early to make use of my FTTF passes. I hope they change to an earlier shuttle time or I'm just going to have to take my taxi as planned.

This is the issue we had last year. There was a shuttle from the rental car drop off to the port, but they didn't tell us until we got there that they would start running until after noon. We had booked FTTF so we get get onboard early and select our HMC cabana, so arriving late would be pointless.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

That time must be fairly new. We had several times, but they were not prompt at times. I don't know what cab rates are now, but it was $27 for 2 of us coming back to the hotel.

If you are sound sensitive, bring ear plugs. The hotel is in a direct flight pattern every few minutes. It was not too bad inside though.

Can anyone recommend a transportation service we can call a head for transport to the port from our hotel?

The easiest way to the port is cab. If your hotel offers shuttle service, complimentary or for a per person fee, you are dependent on their schedule and often need to stop at other ships. Save the time and use a cab. No need to prearrange.

If you provide more information you will get a better answer. Specifically, what hotel are you staying at and how many people in your party.

Keith

What other answers are there? (other than how many)

If the OP wants specific info re cost of cabs versus any hotel shuttle service we would need to know the specific hotel location and how many people are involved in the transfer. The OP hasn't come back to "reveal" the hotel they have booked. (A couple hotels have been mentioned here, but not from the OP.)

So if it's a downtown hotel vs an airport location answers will be differnt. Same if it's 5 people compared to two.

Edited by eandj

Has anyone stayed here before? Reviews on Trip Advisor are good. Was going to stay in Ft Lauderdale the night before and drive the next morning to the port and park there but $20/day is high.

Don't ever cruise out of NY if you think $20 a day is high.

I paid $35 a day to park there.:eek:

Bill

Has anyone stayed here before? Reviews on Trip Advisor are good. Was going to stay in Ft Lauderdale the night before and drive the next morning to the port and park there but $20/day is high.

Blue Lagoon hotels - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. - are popular with cruisers; nice area, MIA airport shuttles, and a local strip mall with shopping and dining options nearby (across the street from the Hampton Inn).

Good luck! :)

If I were going to leave my car this would be the place I would do it. Nicer area.

Hi Oceanlover,

I just was not sure if this would fall under some sort of advertising or promoting but this is a great alternative to taxis and much more reliable. Use this link to download the Lyft app. It's good for iPhone and Android.

http://www.lyft.com/invited/YANDRO2

With this code you save $25 on your ride. So if you're staying close to the port it will most likely be free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hi Oceanlover,

I just was not sure if this would fall under some sort of advertising or promoting but this is a great alternative to taxis and much more reliable. Use this link to download the Lyft app. It's good for iPhone and Android.

http://www.lyft.com/invited/YANDRO2

With this code you save $25 on your ride. So if you're staying close to the port it will most likely be free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

How exactly does this work?

How exactly does this work?

Look up Uber and Lyft. They are basically normal people acting as taxis. Their fares are usually lower than taxis. You request one of them to pick you up at your current location. All payments are done through the app.

Don't ever cruise out of NY if you think $20 a day is high.

I paid $35 a day to park there.:eek:

Bill

Holy Smokes! That is insane! I guess when property is premium, parking spaces need to bring in $.

Galveston, TX is usually $6-$7/day and none of them are run by the cruise lines. It is just random lots on Galveston island near the port.

When I saw Miami was $20, I thought it was high too. Good thing I'm flying in I guess!

There are probably some hotels that let you park there for the week if you stay a night or two there - they do that in Galveston at least.